Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 214 Posts

· Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
check this out...someone stole one of my license plates so i went to go fill out this one form at the dmv...there's a section on there that says you can get a placard if you run ULEV or SULEV to run in "high occupancy vehicle (hov) lanes". i think that means if you have ulev or sulev and you get a placard from the dmv, you can drive in carpool lanes legally!!!! buahahaha can someone verify this? hehee

· Registered
9,111 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
check this out...someone stole one of my license plates so i went to go fill out this one form at the dmv...there's a section on there that says you can get a placard if you run ULEV or SULEV to run in "high occupancy vehicle (hov) lanes". i think that means if you have ulev or sulev and you get a placard from the dmv, you can drive in carpool lanes legally!!!! buahahaha can someone verify this? hehee
you are correct sir, i kno especially that in the bay area they have that option in their carpool lanes, sounds like that is right up your alley

· Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
temp said:
you are correct sir, i kno especially that in the bay area they have that option in their carpool lanes, sounds like that is right up your alley
it would be nice if my car still had that ulev f23 buhahah but no more. i'm pushin this h22 w/ stage2 cams etc etc oh mannnn...hahaha maybe i can tell the dmv i still have an f23 and blah buhahaha

· Registered
9,111 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
it would be nice if my car still had that ulev f23 buhahah but no more. i'm pushin this h22 w/ stage2 cams etc etc oh mannnn...hahaha maybe i can tell the dmv i still have an f23 and blah buhahaha
well in there eyes right now you still do, unless you get it BAR certified its still an F23 to them

· Registered
86 Posts
ok cali smog...heres the deal...

only until about 10 years ago, the smog here in socal was so bad you can actually SEE IT. it still gets that way once in awhile during the summer. its a brown haze and its easily noticeable. the smog tests and cali emissions requirements got alot tougher in the last few years (for automakers) and beacuse of that, we now have breathable air almost all year round. in fact, its so clean now that alot of folks dont even remember how bad it was.

anyway, now that its cleaned up, it seems that all this smog crap is just BS and well, to an extent it is, especially when you have clean burning vehicles failing because they dont have CARB approved parts, but just wanted you all to know why we have such tough smog laws here.

as far as it being a huge burden for import enthusiasts here, thats not so. there are plenty of CARB approved parts out there to keep us happy AND legal (greddy turbo kits, dc sport headers, aem intakes, skunk2 cams, etc. etc. just to name a few) if acompany wants to make a part CARB legal, all they need to do is have it tested by the CARB and design it so it doesnt INCREASE a car's dirty emissions. it cost a few thousand dollars i heard, but its not out of most manufacturer's budgets.

peace

· Registered
9,111 Posts
crxtunerfan said:
ok cali smog...heres the deal...

only until about 10 years ago, the smog here in socal was so bad you can actually SEE IT. it still gets that way once in awhile during the summer. its a brown haze and its easily noticeable. the smog tests and cali emissions requirements got alot tougher in the last few years (for automakers) and beacuse of that, we now have breathable air almost all year round. in fact, its so clean now that alot of folks dont even remember how bad it was.

anyway, now that its cleaned up, it seems that all this smog crap is just BS and well, to an extent it is, especially when you have clean burning vehicles failing because they dont have CARB approved parts, but just wanted you all to know why we have such tough smog laws here.

as far as it being a huge burden for import enthusiasts here, thats not so. there are plenty of CARB approved parts out there to keep us happy AND legal (greddy turbo kits, dc sport headers, aem intakes, skunk2 cams, etc. etc. just to name a few) if acompany wants to make a part CARB legal, all they need to do is have it tested by the CARB and design it so it doesnt INCREASE a car's dirty emissions. it cost a few thousand dollars i heard, but its not out of most manufacturer's budgets.

peace

:nod: couldnt have out it better myself

· Registered
327 Posts
Dont forget guys... the smog nazis cant see some things. I call this the "see no evil" principle

Internals such as forged pistons, stall coverters, bore and stroke, etc. cannot be picked up... even if they are not CARB certified. Cams can get by as well, as long as it gets passed the sniffer (meaning the cam change doesnt up the emissions output)

I have a question... my PCV breather tube to my intake busted on me... think I would get hassled if I put a little filter breather on there instead?

· Registered
9,111 Posts
4point3S10SS said:
Dont forget guys... the smog nazis cant see some things. I call this the "see no evil" principle

Internals such as forged pistons, stall coverters, bore and stroke, etc. cannot be picked up... even if they are not CARB certified. Cams can get by as well, as long as it gets passed the sniffer (meaning the cam change doesnt up the emissions output)

I have a question... my PCV breather tube to my intake busted on me... think I would get hassled if I put a little filter breather on there instead?

you are right, they cant be noticed BUT they will change emissions and unless you can compensate for the change you will fail

41 - 60 of 214 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.