Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been using an old Samsung 17" LCD mointor for about 2 years now, the monitor is orginally about 4-5 years old. It was a monitor that I bought for my gf close to $300 AFTER the $150 rebate.

After I took it from her, I didnt really brothered with the setting and just accepted the quality of it. I always notice that the quality on the LCD was kinda washed out and too bright no matter what I did. After a while I played with the setting on the monitor itself and got a little bit better picture but still nothing like what people claim that most people rave about with samsung having the best color.

About a week ago I bought a raptor hd and reformated my computer. I was forced to download the new driver for my 6800gs card and the display menu was very different from before. I thought I would play around with it and after about 20 minute of calabrating the monitor with the software I was AMAZED by the difference that it made. Now I am able to see the different shades of gray on this board, and the different shades of color on firefox. My photos that I have stored on my computer taken by my dSLR looked a lot better. I always thought that my pictures that I took was bland and never really brothered to print it out because of that.

I was just amazed by the quality of this monitor after calibrating it with the software. I am aware this isnt the best way to do it and there are better ways to do it, but I dont have the money to pay someone to calibrate it with there special tools to test the light output.

I just want to say, if you havent calibrated your monitor, give it a shoot you might suprized yourself.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.