Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad Has anyone ever had their caliper get stuck and keep the pads rubbing against the the rotor and heat the crap out of it. i thought my pads were going to burn to dust. I replaced the caliper so i hope it don't lock the pads against the rotor anymore.

:cry

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
happened to me...piston froze..you don't have to replace the caliper...just get the piston free...dunno how to do this but i let my dad work his magic and it was good to go =)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
azian21485 said:
happened to me...piston froze..you don't have to replace the caliper...just get the piston free...dunno how to do this but i let my dad work his magic and it was good to go =)
I replaced the caliper and considering the condition of the old brake fluid in there it was really best to get that out of the brake line. Nice fresh brake fluid saves on brakes where as the caliper can release and isn't loaded with contaminents in the fluid which would keep pressure on the pads to rotor.

After replacing the first one, I find out that I could have ordered one caliper that came as a complete assembly with pads for the same friggiin price. I am doing the other side now cause I had 2 diff mfr calipers on the fronts of my car. It will be good to purge that old fluid too from the system. :w00t

1 - 3 of 3 Posts