Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought the PS3 version last night, and rented the 360 version this morning, and I've got to say, they are damn near identicle, and it's freaking amazing. So fluid.

There are only very very minor differences in small details, i.e. the PS3 appears to have slightly better AF for better texture detail in the mid-range to long distance, while the 360 seems to have better shadowmaps, but other than those two minor things (believe me, the difference in them is small) they are pretty much the same :)

Even online, for the PSN haters.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Getting it for PC.

me too now that i can play these games :clappy if you couldnt tell i got the new system up and running bout fuckin time:bash still gotta deal with the partitions once i get SP2 installed, other than that its runnin like a champ :w00tz

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
me too now that i can play these games :clappy if you couldnt tell i got the new system up and running bout fuckin time:bash still gotta deal with the partitions once i get SP2 installed, other than that its runnin like a champ :w00tz
See it ain't that bad. Now you can use that 50 you saved to buy the game.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
So, I bought the PS3 version last night, and rented the 360 version this morning, and I've got to say, they are damn near identicle, and it's freaking amazing. So fluid.

There are only very very minor differences in small details, i.e. the PS3 appears to have slightly better AF for better texture detail in the mid-range to long distance, while the 360 seems to have better shadowmaps, but other than those two minor things (believe me, the difference in them is small) they are pretty much the same :)

Even online, for the PSN haters.
What about your two games a month rule? :confused

What about Uncharted and Mass effect? lol. :cry

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
i just played the demo the other night and it was crazy

I've only played the online version of it since we play that all week at work. But the single player is sick ass fuck too.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
See it ain't that bad. Now you can use that 50 you saved to buy the game.
yeah, im kinda on the fence, do i buy COD4 or do i go to specialty and buy an EOTECH for the AR.......lol i dont know what to do with a computer that actually plays everything i want it to:hehe but for sure i want this game, i might wait a few days and see if it leaks on forumw, i never got to try the demo so id like to try the demo or the leak before i go buy it, and maybe now i can play the new flashpoint without a 1...yes 1 fps gameplay

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
I know :hehe I ended up getting CoD4 because I had completely forgotten that paid it off in May:ninja

WOOT!
Well isn't that a pleasant surprise. :D

But is something going on behind the scenes with the -> :ninja

I can only imagine... :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Call of Duty 4 is a game that should only be played on the computer.
As are all fps games. Even the new resident evil format would be much better using a mouse.

<---totally against aiming with a dumb ass joystick.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More sure but far more not at all.
I'm almost certain this depends on your current setup. For me to run CoD4 at the same level of detail and consistent performance, I'd need to spend a *minimum* of $500.

Not going to happen. Especially since I already own two next gen consoles, and they won't require upgrading every 12 to 18 months.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Playing a game on the console vs a pc doesn't cost more or less, it's the same. If a person that didn't have a ps3, wanted to play CoD4 he would've had to fork over about $600-$700 for the console, the game and other crap like hdmi cable, extra controller and etc. Same things goes for a person that didn't have a pc, he would've spent almost as much as the console guy for a setup that can run the game perfectly, but the computer dude would have a better lookin game and of course he would have a system that doesn more then just play games.

But, it's true that the pc guy would eventually have to upgrade his video card and other crap like memory and cpu to play future games. BUT it depends on how much of a gamer he is, because the better the video card, the better the graphics and since console can't upgrade their gpus, their graphics will stay the same, depending on the title.

So it's basically, the ability to upgrade (better performance) vs the ability to not upgrade + same or slower performance, and yadda yadda

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
I'm almost certain this depends on your current setup. For me to run CoD4 at the same level of detail and consistent performance, I'd need to spend a *minimum* of $500.

Not going to happen. Especially since I already own two next gen consoles, and they won't require upgrading every 12 to 18 months.
wasnt your ps3 more than 500 bux?? personally id prefer any fps on pc

1 - 20 of 146 Posts