Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
I disagree with that, even back when HALO 1 first released and I had no opinion of it I played it at a friends house and I was not entertained shooting purple people eaters and shit. HALO is too cartoony and it being scifi puts even more people off. If HALO looked more like Killzone I think more people would like it, all the colors in HALO are ridiculous.
If people are put off by the color pallet alone they should probably re-evaluate why they are playing video games in the first place. Additionally, that is a very negative way to view the color scheme, I know many who would simply describe it as 'vibrant.' A game does not have to be 'gritty' to be good; appreciate it for what it is. Obviously Bungie did not want the game to look like CoD, GoW, or [insert FPS X here]. But to each his own, people have their tastes.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Obviously, but I'm just pointing out realistic reasons why people are put off by HALO. You are calling it art by saying it's vibrant, using semantics to spin teletubbie colors into vibrant and I'm not knocking bungie, they made it, it's their 'art' but I'm a critic and giving reasons why I and many others don't like it. Saying people should reevaluate why they play a game if they don't like the colors is silly, if I took COD4 and changed the color palet to bright goofy colors, people would be turned off, and I would also argue that if you made HALO gritty with natural colors, it would become more appealing.

Video games are superficial first and foremost, if I have to analyze the game on an artistic level and try and find the inspiration the artist used so I can understand why that person chose some wacky colors to "get it" fuck that. :lol2

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
The honest truth is, Halo is a first person shooter that was made 'easy' for console users to play, released on a console with very few games, and recieved critical acclaim because it was the first great shooter of it's generation.

Color it however you want, Halo was, and still is, famous, because the 1st one set a standard on consoles.

If Halo CE was released on PC only, you can bet your pretty buttons it wouldn't have made a splash nearly as big (PC sales are proof of this).

Halo 2 had an awesome online component, but even now that is fairly common place (see CoD4, Resistance, and many other titles).

Halo lives off of hype. If you honestly think the tens of millions of dollars had nothing to do with it's sales, you're kidding yourself. When people see Halo commercials on the Discovery Channel, History Channel, and HGTV (I'm not joking btw, the commercial was aired on all these channels) people think it's something big. When Wal-Mart and 7/11 run dedicated check out lines for this game (which were paid for by MS) then people think it's something big.

It's hype. Good game? Sure, not a masterpiece or art by any means (see Okami, Ico, SotC, Everyday Shooter for 'art' in videogames).

CoD4 is CoD2. It's an awesome game, but right now it's selling and addictive because of the new mechanics in the gameplay (leveling, perks, challenges, etc). Not because of hype. This is why Halo 3 is 'failing' so to speak, with it's community, and CoD4 is RAPIDLY growing.

Mark my words, Halo 3's community will not live nearly as long as Halo 2's.

·
MSP
6,618 Posts
1. The honest truth is, Halo is a first person shooter that was made 'easy' for console users to play, released on a console with very few games, and recieved critical acclaim because it was the first great shooter of it's generation.

2. Color it however you want, Halo was, and still is, famous, because the 1st one set a standard on consoles.

3. If Halo CE was released on PC only, you can bet your pretty buttons it wouldn't have made a splash nearly as big (PC sales are proof of this).

4. Halo 2 had an awesome online component, but even now that is fairly common place (see CoD4, Resistance, and many other titles).

5. Halo lives off of hype. If you honestly think the tens of millions of dollars had nothing to do with it's sales, you're kidding yourself. When people see Halo commercials on the Discovery Channel, History Channel, and HGTV (I'm not joking btw, the commercial was aired on all these channels) people think it's something big. When Wal-Mart and 7/11 run dedicated check out lines for this game (which were paid for by MS) then people think it's something big.

6. It's hype. Good game? Sure, not a masterpiece or art by any means (see Okami, Ico, SotC, Everyday Shooter for 'art' in videogames).

7. CoD4 is CoD2. It's an awesome game, but right now it's selling and addictive because of the new mechanics in the gameplay (leveling, perks, challenges, etc). Not because of hype. This is why Halo 3 is 'failing' so to speak, with it's community, and CoD4 is RAPIDLY growing.

8. Mark my words, Halo 3's community will not live nearly as long as Halo 2's.
1. Exactly why it earned its reputation of being the best whether or not it was part of a few games that was released. even if it was released a year after xbox was selling it would have been the same.

2. Which is why mostly every game is trying to be like halo or better. some are succeeding in being as good. for some people, cod 4 may be better but don't mash it like its 2000x better or something. for crying out loud.

3. but it wasn't so please stop talking IF's because regardless it was released on pc later on. and it made no difference to what your talking about.

4. yes but halo is the leader, the rest follows. get that in your head because someone had to lead first. xbl and halo 2 made every single online game look like crap but now all of a sudden every online game recently released has the same setup as halo 2-3.

5. Sequels Sequels and Sequels and there releasing a movie on the game. what type of hype is that? it doesn't live off of it because its known to be good. its a fact, nobody wants to hear that halo sucks because money wise its clearly one of the best and online (average of 500,000 gamers) gets alot of attention. you can't say its lives off of hype because you can't argue the fact that its not a great game. just face it.

6. read NO. 5

7. what are you talking about. yes its nice to have all this stuff on cod 4 but your acting like halo didn't evolve? you can use Items, new vehicles, new maps, u can change how ur guy looks, color him up and all with different accessories to add on his armor, also new maps being made and being released soon. wat else does your ungrateful behind want? gosh so damn picky bout the damn game when it has changed and will change even more in months to come.

8. sony talk right thar, very biased, close minded, ungrateful, endenial.

plain and simple. i had your back for a little while but when it came to just bashing the whole thing all together like the game was everyone's waste of money, i had to leap in.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Halo 3 is and was a waste of everyones time and money :lol:

You can argue all you want, but you're talking from a fans perspective, so it's not objective. Halo 3 sold big numbers because of hype. W/out that hype, Halo 3 would have sold less than Halo 2 easily. It wasn't user created hype, it was media induced, plain and simple.

And CoD4 does > Halo 3 becuase the combat and promotion system is far more rewarding, detailed, and advanced.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts

You can argue all you want, but you're talking from a fans perspective, so it's not objective. Halo 3 sold big numbers because of hype. W/out that hype, Halo 3 would have sold less than Halo 2 easily. It wasn't user created hype, it was media induced, plain and simple.

And CoD4 does > Halo 3 becuase the combat and promotion system is far more rewarding, detailed, and advanced.
thats a personal opinion, how can you say it was a waste of EVERYONES money. i think the game is tight, worth every cent and i think halo 3 is better than COD 4. But hey thats just me.

·
Registered
489 Posts
thats a personal opinion, how can you say it was a waste of EVERYONES money. i think the game is tight, worth every cent and i think halo 3 is better than COD 4. But hey thats just me.
x2 :number1

Halo's "fun factor" is a def. 10. You can't deny that. I guarentee I'll be playing that game for a LONNNNGGG time. :ninja

I just discovered Forge :mwaha yeah.... too much fun right there.

·
MSP
6,618 Posts

U see, this is where ur wrong. The only person here really arguing is U.

Nobody said COD4 was bad. We all enjoy it (whoever played it that is), Nobody really said Halo was a waste of money but u. Nobody said cod4 sucked or anything. I just don't get why u keep defending cod4 like everyone bashed it like u bashed halo...

U ask Why? Because the majority of everyone enjoy halo. Got great reviews, atleast 2 million of the 6 million xbl subscribers are halo 2-3 players.

U really need to remove urself from any discussion related to halo. I understand halos success is ur pain. The fact that the highly entisipated shooter is in fact if not one of the best games ever made. And of course cod4 will give it a run for its money. Yes I own both games and I enjoy them both. I play more halo because ppl I play with are more familiar with it, love it, and won't put it down for something like cod4.

So plz just remove urself. I can care less what u think. But keep it to urself.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
U see, this is where ur wrong. The only person here really arguing is U.

Nobody said COD4 was bad. We all enjoy it (whoever played it that is), Nobody really said Halo was a waste of money but u. Nobody said cod4 sucked or anything. I just don't get why u keep defending cod4 like everyone bashed it like u bashed halo...

U ask Why? Because the majority of everyone enjoy halo. Got great reviews, atleast 2 million of the 6 million xbl subscribers are halo 2-3 players.

U really need to remove urself from any discussion related to halo. I understand halos success is ur pain. The fact that the highly entisipated shooter is in fact if not one of the best games ever made. And of course cod4 will give it a run for its money. Yes I own both games and I enjoy them both. I play more halo because ppl I play with are more familiar with it, love it, and won't put it down for something like cod4.

So plz just remove urself. I can care less what u think. But keep it to urself.

Jesus christ you people are stupid.

First, please learn to type, write, or speak english. I understand you are bilingual, I appluad you for that, as most americans aren't even smart enough to speak english by itself, but please write out your words. If you are going to make a point, try not to do so while using 'u' and 'plz' in a serious manner.

Second, I never 'defended' Call of Duty 4. I don't have to, the game is marvelous on it's own.

What I am doing, is shitting on Halo 3, because the hype train you can't seem to get off of is crashing into a wall of shit. There's no secret that the Halo community is dying, especially since Bungie is probably finished with the Halo franchise for the next few years.

If you can't see yourself that Halo 3 was rushed out and PRODUCED just to make money, then you're saying it to be content with your purchase, I'd hate to feel like I wasted $60 too.

But to say Halo 3 is anything more than Halo 2 with a few minor tweaks is silly, and it's hardly deserving of it's review scores (especially when you consider the hundreds of $800 swag bags MS fluffed the media with).

CoD4 > Halo 3 in every way, plain and simple, cut and dry. Both are shooters, both in the same genre, that's all that need to be said, apples to apples comparison.

·
MSP
6,618 Posts
Jesus christ you people are stupid.

First, please learn to type, write, or speak english. I understand you are bilingual, I appluad you for that, as most americans aren't even smart enough to speak english by itself, but please write out your words. If you are going to make a point, try not to do so while using 'u' and 'plz' in a serious manner.

Second, I never 'defended' Call of Duty 4. I don't have to, the game is marvelous on it's own.

What I am doing, is shitting on Halo 3, because the hype train you can't seem to get off of is crashing into a wall of shit. There's no secret that the Halo community is dying, especially since Bungie is probably finished with the Halo franchise for the next few years.

If you can't see yourself that Halo 3 was rushed out and PRODUCED just to make money, then you're saying it to be content with your purchase, I'd hate to feel like I wasted $60 too.

But to say Halo 3 is anything more than Halo 2 with a few minor tweaks is silly, and it's hardly deserving of it's review scores (especially when you consider the hundreds of $800 swag bags MS fluffed the media with).

CoD4 > Halo 3 in every way, plain and simple, cut and dry. Both are shooters, both in the same genre, that's all that need to be said, apples to apples comparison.
First of all I'm not applying for a job or anything. Its the internet, I speak in a form called Black English. So whether or not u like it, u understand it. ( if in doubt, google)

Bottom line is. Replay value will be what makes any game. Being halo 2 set a great example on replay value, halo 3 is not going to be any different.

Enough said. U need to understand that ppl will buy halo 3 no matter wat u say. It doesn't matter, ur just so stubborn to understand that statistics aren't what make a game ( yes I understand 300 mil were sold) doesn't make a game. Its the fact that ppl play it religiously. All the time, and will enjoy it for years to come. Whether or not there is no more halos coming out. Every good fps uses halo as a reference to playability and how to make it an addictive online game for years.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
yall niggaz need to calm the fuck down

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
yall niggaz need to calm the fuck down
X2 chill the fuckkk out people! why is halo even being discussed here?

ok lets get back on track. Campaign was super intense, loved every minute of it. The only part that sucked was how short it was, but multiplayer is dope as fuck. I really liked the ending too.

and who loved that COD rap at the end of the game hahah, that shit had me cracking up.

·
MSP
6,618 Posts
X2 chill the fuckkk out people! why is halo even being discussed here?

ok lets get back on track. Campaign was super intense, loved every minute of it. The only part that sucked was how short it was, but multiplayer is dope as fuck. I really liked the ending too.

and who loved that COD rap at the end of the game hahah, that shit had me cracking up.
u know there is a mini game after the credits right?

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Lol Black English, AKA Ebonics, AKA Engrish. :lol2

Just because it's the Internet does not make the laziness any better and actually detracts from your statements.

Basically.

I'm stuck on campaign right now, kinda screwed up at the end of the sniper mission. Used most of my claymores super early, so now I'm stuck at the end when you're waiting for the chopper...I suppose it wouldn't be so hard if I wasn't playing on hardened and shafted myself out of resources.

MP is better anyway.

What are most of you playing in multiplayer? I stick to search and destory and headquarters missions, since those are the ones that get you the most points, IMO.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Basically.

I'm stuck on campaign right now, kinda screwed up at the end of the sniper mission. Used most of my claymores super early, so now I'm stuck at the end when you're waiting for the chopper...I suppose it wouldn't be so hard if I wasn't playing on hardened and shafted myself out of resources.

You don't even need the claymores. (I played it on Vet) What you do is go up on the bumper car floor and hide against the control booth wall and you are only exposed from your front and left and the bad guys come from your right so they walk right into your line of fire. McMillan will be infront of you slightly to the left and all you have to do it blast anything that comes in front of you, and a couple dogs. Before you go over there, make sure you pick up the AK47s by the ferris wheel.

MP is better anyway.

What are most of you playing in multiplayer? I stick to search and destory and headquarters missions, since those are the ones that get you the most points, IMO.
I only play hardcore mode with S&D and HQ being the main ones. I'm at level 33. Just want to get to lvl 46 to get the M-14 then get the red dot for it. Last stand perk is the best.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
You don't even need the claymores. (I played it on Vet) What you do is go up on the bumper car floor and hide against the control booth wall and you are only exposed from your front and left and the bad guys come from your right so they walk right into your line of fire. McMillan will be infront of you slightly to the left and all you have to do it blast anything that comes in front of you, and a couple dogs. Before you go over there, make sure you pick up the AK47s by the ferris wheel.

I only play hardcore mode with S&D and HQ being the main ones. I'm at level 33. Just want to get to lvl 46 to get the M-14 then get the red dot for it. Last stand perk is the best.
Yea man, playing on Hardcore is a lot better than playing in regular mode, just because it actually rewards you for working on a team in a squad, rather than just running around and shooting everything you see.

Right now I'm leveling up my Sniper Rifle. It works really well on *some* maps for S&D, especially if all you're playing is Defense, but if you almost need to have someone watching your back or you'll get killed eventually.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts