Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call of Duty 7 Unveiled As 'Black Ops'

Matt Peckham Matt Peckham – Fri Apr 30, 10:56 am ET

In a short but sweet reveal, game developer Treyarch cracked the lid on the seventh Call of Duty title, dubbing it Black Ops and teasing a release date of November 9, 2010. Expectations were that Activision would reveal the game's title tonight on SpikeTV, but the game dev opted to lead early with the title and launch date this morning.

In the World's Shortest Blog Post, Treyarch writes "We at Treyarch are excited to reveal our latest development--Call of Duty: Black Ops! Be sure to head over to CallOfDuty.com/blackops as more details begin to unfold! Follow @JD_2020 and @Treyarch on Twitter for the latest news & discussions regarding Black Ops."

I guess we're still on for tonight's teaser trailer, airing at 12:40 a.m. (time zone unspecified) according to Treyarch's debut Twitter status update 20 hours ago.

What of the name? Well for starters, Black Ops doesn't sound very World War II. Alternate Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward's two biggest revenue rainmakers--Modern Warfare and its recent sequel--take place in contemporary settings. It stands to reasons Treyarch wants in on that action, and with terrorism the watchword in the U.S. these days, you can already imagine the potential settings, from Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, or the Balkans to Venezuela, Colombia, Angola, or Zimbabwe, and various hot spots in the Middle East.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
OMG!! :ahh

Hope they don't do that BS where they fetch it out on just Xbox or just PS3.
I'll be keeping my eye out for previews :)

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tonight the trailer drops on Spike TV. I think it's concurrently being posted on Game Trailers.

I was telling Danman that I'll be bummed if it's just some music and a logo. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some gameplay footage. A la the first MoH trailer from the VGA's or even early BF:BC2 clips. At least enough to have some discussions about.

The first HALO:Reach trailer had gameplay footage too.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
I've had a search and they are keeping this well under wraps! no leaks, no info, or sneak previews!
I'll see if i can get Spike TV. .

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
The press announcement provides little extra information, simply promising that Black Ops will, "take players behind enemy lines in an entirely new chapter in the groundbreaking and record-setting, No. 1 first-person action series of all-time."

For the last few months, news sites have been rife with rumours that the game would be set in Vietnam - and the title announcement does not necessarily contradict that. As the Official Xbox Magazine reported, Treyarch put out a casting call in LA earlier this year, looking for an actor to play one 'Frank Barnes', a WW2 veteran and member of the Studies and Observations Group, a black ops unit active during the Vietnam war.
:ninja

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
as much as i now hate infinity ward for selling out to the console market, and doing a shitty job porting to pc, and not having dedicated servers, I'm sickened by the idea of having cod7 developed by treyarch. they suck.

cod5 for example... EXTREMELY linear. sure all fps games have to be linear to a point but cod5 was like a damn tunnel.

enemies ambush you. you strafe right to hide behind the tree that's to your right. you run into an invisible wall. (stupid clipping) you get frustrated and die in real life. your character dies from lack of cover too.

I HATE HATE HATED that bs. cod4 looked so much better too.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
So Black Ops is going to be made by the same people as WAW which was one of my fave games ever. . i wonder if that will affect the game play compared to the Newer COD games. . . hmmm

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm really a campaign game player at heart. So hopefully they'll have something juicy in store for me.

Watching the trailer has left me with a lot of questions:

- What's with the rocket launching at the beginnig?
- SR-71!
- Astronaut looking dude.
- Jungle, and snowy looking battle grounds.

1/2 a year more so I guess they have a lot of time to build the hype.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I'm really a campaign game player at heart. So hopefully they'll have something juicy in store for me.

- SR-71!

good to see more campaign folks out there. i buy/play fps games for campaign only. i usually dabble with the multiplayer if they have dedicated servers just to try it but the only game i regularly play MP is CS:S.

and hells to the yea on the blackbird!:D

·
Registered
724 Posts
I just hope they dont fuck it up with stupid ass heartbeat sensors and endless fucking killstreaks. I would like to see it with more realistic weaponry.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
X2 I played WAW today, back to the old school no heartbeat, no Fancie scopes etc.
Tell you what i enjoyed it.
It was a really good game, seems more realistic than MW2 and more fluid.
It was my 1st WAW online game.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
I was tellin Shiba this but I'm hearin that launch price is gonna be $70

·
Registered
724 Posts

- SR-71!

That rocket in the beginning looks like an ICBM or something similar.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I was tellin Shiba this but I'm hearin that launch price is gonna be $70
:mad fail. i couldnt not stand WAW worst cod game out todate imo im so glad i didnt waste my money on that. borrowed it from my brother played the first two missions and wanted to throw in away. theres no way ill spend 60-70 bucks and another halfassed game by treyarch!

1 - 20 of 176 Posts