Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
but doesnt a 100 signal mean its the same as wired?
Apparently wi-fi signals can degrade quickly even within the confines of your house. From an article this week:

Home Wi-Fi Takes Speed Hit, Study Says - Yahoo! News

Do you get the dreaded Black Ops "around the corner" deaths, or shoot at a dude only to see on the killcam you never got a shot off? Those are the main frustrations I have with BO. Don't get them anywhere near as much in CoD4 or MW2 so I just feel it has something to do with Treyarch's way of doing things.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
ever since i moved back to my smaller tv the lag has decreased to the point where im playing back to my level. if you look at my past 10 games on my match history im averaging close from always a 2.0-10.0 KD ratio. thats on wired and wireless....so im safe to say that its something to do with my 55 inch? but why? i really rather have my ps3 hooked up to my 55 inch

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
3months and it's never been out the wrapper!

Moral of the story, don't have children people! it totally affects your "X" life :idiots

Think my membership ran out aswell :dunno:

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
ever since i moved back to my smaller tv the lag has decreased to the point where im playing back to my level. if you look at my past 10 games on my match history im averaging close from always a 2.0-10.0 KD ratio. thats on wired and wireless....so im safe to say that its something to do with my 55 inch? but why? i really rather have my ps3 hooked up to my 55 inch
I got to think it has to be the wider field of view for your eye sight. Or something to do with the response time of your larger TV screen. Sorta like always playing on 4 bars with low ping, then all of a sudden having to play on 2-3 bars with higher ping counts. You play enough that you'd notice the difference in your performance very quickly and it would matter to you.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
So if I was to buy another tv for gamin it would better to go with a small one then or does a more expensive better big tv fix this? But think refresh rates the issue not my eye and reaction being too slow.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
So if I was to buy another tv for gamin it would better to go with a small one then or does a more expensive better big tv fix this? But think refresh rates the issue not my eye and reaction being too slow.
I don't think your reaction is slow by any means. But being able to see the entire screen in you field of vision without moving your eyes or head has got to be an advatage. To me it's just a matter of efficiency. Seeing = reacting. Nearly 1:1 mind/body control. Where a larger screen is looking = seeing = reacting.

Even if the "looking" stage is a miniscule amount of time, in a gunfight with somebody using a FAMAS or AK74U where the rate of fire is very high imho that very well could equal 1 bullet. And for a guy like you trying to maintain a very high KDR, overtime how often is that proverbial "1 bullet" going to mean the difference between kill or be killed?

For a player like me running around like an idiot in Black Ops, who's basically happy with a 1.0+ KDR it probably evens out over time since I believe the reckless gameplay is a larger factor then connection or equipment issues. But you're looking for something else out of your gameplay where every death you take is going to weigh more on your stats then it would mine.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
yea in long distance where my burst shots dont drop the guy and he drops me with one shot kinda bugs me...lol

·
Registered
20,271 Posts

one of my better KD rounds as far as kill amounts.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Went onto YT and watched it. I like when you snickered lols.:hehe You got a thumbs up from me.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Went onto YT and watched it. I like when you snickered lols.:hehe You got a thumbs up from me.
lol which part....i didnt upload all my matches but this is one of the 100s i have played. usually i play to get the kill streaks before i start running around

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
I think it was about 2/3 of the way done. You'd left your original position from below the pool area. I think you were up kinda near the B Dom. area.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
YouTube - Call of Duty Black Ops: PS3 CTF 65-10

one of my better KD rounds as far as kill amounts.
Way to play for the objective of the game. Why are you playing capture the flag the same way you would TDM? I hate people who play objective based games just so they can rack up kills. This is a classic example of camping and how it ruins the game........

Any OG members playing black ops? Need to get an OG SHO party going.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Way to play for the objective of the game. Why are you playing capture the flag the same way you would TDM? I hate people who play objective based games just so they can rack up kills. This is a classic example of camping and how it ruins the game........

Any OG members playing black ops? Need to get an OG SHO party going.
i move around quite a bit so dont know why its consider camping lol. i dont need to sacrifice my life when i dont need to. i contribute to the teams victory with my killstreaks. LOL

btw numerous times i had up close battles with people i run into as well :)

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Anybody into Nazi Zombies? I've started playing a little Kino Der Toten, and for a few tries Ascension.

So far I'm stinking it up. I've gotten to level 14 on KDT a couple times but usually I've been dying on 10-11. It seems like I never have enough money to upgrade using the Pack-A-Punch. And the time that I did upgrade my MP40, I didn't have enough to buy more ammo afterwards. I guess the box takes a lot of my money. :(

The best I had my character so far has been:

1st: Upgraded MP40
2nd: Spectre (from the box)
3rd: Bowie knife
Perks: Revive, Double Tap, Jugg, and Speed.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I can now make it to levels 17-20 (on Kino Der Toten) on a pretty regular basis.

Now my big problem is running backwards into a corner while running laps on the stage. :eek:

I think once I can get some muscle memory into the route, going much higher shouldn't be too hard. Especially with the dog rounds resupplying ammoand such.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
highest i got was 27 i think...i played zombies maybe like a few times. i dont like it much..i got a couple friends who are in the 40s levels but they play it all the time.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Consistantly getting into the 18-22+ range now. I have a bad habit of trying to squeeze out every single point that I can. Going for every headshot, knife attack, etc. so when I bump into a corner there's very little room for error. I die a lot with multiple Revive Cola useages still left in the machine.:(

Once I figured out you can outrun the dogs, they are no longer a problem anymore.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Solo personal bests:

Kino Der Toten - 31
Ascension - 19

It's tougher then I thought it would be. But then again, I really am horrible at punch/jump games and NZ has those characteristics beyond being a FPS.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Anybody else buying the DLC? I'm usually up pretty late and I have some LIVE points, so I'm planning on getting it sometime after midnight this evening.

121 - 140 of 176 Posts