Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

141 - 160 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
PS3 fanboy for life!:ninja:w00tz

BTW: new maps are pretty detailed and imho generally larger then the first DLC pack. I think they all play larger then Kowloon or Stadium. Zoo might be the only exception.

Tons of alternate routes, things to climb over, different elevations, etc. I'm glad you can't resuppply claymores in Blops. I think I might try out the motion sensor for some s's-n-g's.

LOLS in Hotel there's piles of money and bricks or gold lying around. I tried picking them up in hopes I'd get bonus CoD points.:hehe

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Played all of the maps at least 4 times each. Not really sure how to describe them. if I had to:

Zoo: Reminds me of Carnival. A lot of divergent paths, not many straight long views.

Hotel: Highrise. Rectangular and medium sized. The hotel buildings on each end similarly bookend the map as does the two office buildings do on Highrise. There's a pool and bar compound in the center that sees a lot of high risk/reward action like the heliport does in MW2.

Convoy reminds me of a homefront map. I don't care for it right now ('nuff said). The last maps is a cluster poop of camping.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
the new zombie map is fucking crazy. plus george romero kicking your ass.
Do you like it? I'm 50/50 with it. I feel like Treyarch tried to jam too much into it. Fog and snow, the flinger and ziplines, Romero, zombies spawning directly in the middle of paths of travel (from above and below).

Right now I've gotten to level 10 solo. I've turned on the power and heard the voices behind the door in the lighthouse. But beyond that I haven't opened a lot of the doors and gotten the majority of the perks due to lack of money.

I bought the Headshot Daquiri but I'm not sure what that does for me. Steady Aim maybe? Greater 5 chance at getting a headshot to save ammo and get more points? I didn't last long enough to get a good feel for what it does.:eek:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Do you like it? I'm 50/50 with it. I feel like Treyarch tried to jam too much into it. Fog and snow, the flinger and ziplines, Romero, zombies spawning directly in the middle of paths of travel (from above and below).

Right now I've gotten to level 10 solo. I've turned on the power and heard the voices behind the door in the lighthouse. But beyond that I haven't opened a lot of the doors and gotten the majority of the perks due to lack of money.

I bought the Headshot Daquiri but I'm not sure what that does for me. Steady Aim maybe? Greater 5 chance at getting a headshot to save ammo and get more points? I didn't last long enough to get a good feel for what it does.:eek:
im iffy as well. lack of money and a confusing path of travel to the box has made for lme gameplay. and yes, too much shit in this one.

i usually play with a group for nonewbs. we couldnt get past level 8 yesterday.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
I can turn on the power by around the middle of level 4. But I think I usually have around 150-450cr at that point, and low ammo. So even if I stab the next few zombies I still can't go anywhere since ammo is more important.

I think I need to not open the path to the MP5k and just buy the 500cr M14 instead. I guess that would be a 1,750cr savings right there. Then I can go look for the box and maybe hit it once (since I'll probably still need to open a door or clear debris to get there).

Can the water kill you? I never stayed in long enough to find out.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I can turn on the power by around the middle of level 4. But I think I usually have around 150-450cr at that point, and low ammo. So even if I stab the next few zombies I still can't go anywhere since ammo is more important.

I think I need to not open the path to the MP5k and just buy the 500cr M14 instead. I guess that would be a 1,750cr savings right there. Then I can go look for the box and maybe hit it once (since I'll probably still need to open a door or clear debris to get there).

Can the water kill you? I never stayed in long enough to find out.
the water freezes you. you can be revived by teammates, but ive heard shooting the person does the same

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
the water freezes you. you can be revived by teammates, but ive heard shooting the person does the same
Have you gotten farther? Now I just buy the Olympia and generally hang out by the lake until around level 6. Then at least I have enough money to hit the box a couple times after turning the power on.

I still feel like they tried to jam too much into this version. Ice slides, zip lines, etc. Not really into the new weapons either like the sniper and VR-11. But I don't miss dog and monkey rounds lols.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
the vr-11 upgraded supposedly turns romero human and you can kill him that way.

I've seen a video where the dude did it in the solo game with regular weapons. He was explaining to look at the spotlight Romero carries. It' dims and goes out the more damage you put onto him. But I think he still comes back a few rounds later.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Annihilation map pack coming out on 6/28.

From what i've seen I think I'll be looking forward to the Shangri-La zombie map the most. Didn't care for Call of the Dead so I hope this one will be more to my liking.

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
The older maps were redone and made available with the more expensive packaging of the game (Hardened and Prestige versions).

I have heard that there's a sku for the maps to be sold on Live. Not sure about PSN. I can only hope, since I don't care to re-purchase the [email protected] maps for the 360 (since I already have them on the PS3).

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Lead designer David Vonderharr tweeted that Treyarch is nerfing the FAMAS.

Changes:
* Tweaks on ADS raise time
* Hip fire accuracy reduction
* More gun kick (so less accurate)
* Slightly slower re-center speed

Not changed:
* Fire rate
* Damage
* Magazine size

141 - 160 of 176 Posts