Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lead designer David Vonderharr tweeted that Treyarch is nerfing the FAMAS.

Changes:
* Tweaks on ADS raise time
* Hip fire accuracy reduction
* More gun kick (so less accurate)
* Slightly slower re-center speed

Not changed:
* Fire rate
* Damage
* Magazine size
are you serious? I like the famas.....me no likey.....:(

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
^ Serious. About about game balance. When a weapon is overused there's probably a reason why. They nerfed the AK74u earlier and buffed snipers more then once. So Treyarch has shown some willingness to iron out the game as time goes by.

BTW:

Blops: Limited Edition comes out on the 28th, the same day as the latest DLC. Not sure what it is on it, but there will have been 3 map packs plus the reworked [email protected] zombie maps from the Hardened edition by the time this comes out.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Limited Edition with DLC for PlayStation 3 | GameStop

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
i dont think im going buy anymore maps...famas fixing might be good even though i have like 22k kills out of my 35k with the famas lol.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Annihilation map pack coming out on 6/28.

From what i've seen I think I'll be looking forward to the Shangri-La zombie map the most. Didn't care for Call of the Dead so I hope this one will be more to my liking.

YouTube - ‪Call of Duty Black Ops Annihilation Behind the Scenes [HD]‬‏
lol he talks about teamwork...in all my games where im in a party I think all I do is push the opponent back to their spawn area and rape them till the last few secs before we win the match. probably why I dont like TDM, they always spawn people behind me.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Anybody else pick up the new map pack? It took me 2 hours to DL the pack since my www is slow as 3 day old pudding. :(

Got to play one game of zombies and had fun, but that's been it so far.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Zombies is FUN! No stupid George Romero as in CotD. No dog rounds or monkeys attacking your perk machines. There is a screaming zombie that will blur your vision and a lava looking dude, but they aren't too hard to kill.

The map is smaller then CotD or Ascension. I think it would be like Der Riese in size.

So far I can get into the mid-teens (solo), but trying to figure out all of the puzzles gets me distracted and killed. :(

·
Registered
489 Posts
I literally picked up the map pack just for the zombies. Way more fun than the other ones because there is no one place where you can run in circles to round up zombies and thundergun them easily. This takes more thinking and strategy i think. I personally hate all the maps because they cater to snipers, that mind you, have been buffed again, so all anyone does is snipe. Each map also plays like a donut, in the sense that the B flag or just general center area is a guaranteed death trap (unless of course, you have smoke grenades). Out of all of them though, Hanger is the best. I would only buy this if you have money to just drop like its nothing, but like most people, I wouldnt bother with it.

Okay im done with my rant. haha

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Double XP weekend until the 5th.

Not enjoying horrendous 3 bar Blops at all. But I might have to risk the cruddy hit detection and lag to level up my dude a bit more.:(

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
August 23rd new zombie only map pack comes out (first) on the 360.

"Moon", plus the remastered editions of the previous maps from [email protected] & a new soundtrack.

1,200 Microsoft Points, or FREE if you have the Hardened or Prestige versions of Blops. New job Treyarch throwing a bone to at least a small segment of your consumer base.:tu

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Anybody other then myself planning on getting the Rezurrection maps? I'd be down for co-op Moon or even the Blop's versions of the older [email protected] maps.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
If anybody can get past 0:45 on the first handful of tries on the opening of the Moon map, I bow down to you. I'd go 0:32-0:35 and be outta there. Trying to point farm wasn't worth it.

Lovin' the moon map so far. Wish it was a little easier to see things, but I don't think I got a chance to adjust my brightness during the few games I got to play.

Knife animation is MUCH cleaner on the re-done maps. I gave it one quick try and didn't get magically stuck to any zombies that I stabbed, etc.

MOON = FUN!:w00tz Anybody down for some nazi zombies later on, let me know.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Rezzurection map pack (ZOMBS!) is out for the PS3 today.

Anybody wanst to kill the undead with yours truly. Look for me on the PSN later today and send me a msg. I'm not a very good multiplayer zombie slayer, but we can see what we can get done! :gunfire:

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Tried zombies for the first time on PC. First game level 3, second was 7. The dogs got me.:(

Not being used to the reloading, knifing, switching weapons, etc. is very tough. Not to mention that movement controls like sprinting are also hard for me to master.

I guess over time it'll get better.:eek:

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #176 (Edited)
Went back to Blops and tried to get into a Merc TDM game. Less then 650 people in TDM and under 200 when I tried Merc. Moshpit. :(

I had to settle for some Domination and even gave Pure Barebones a try. PB was pretty fun. No killstreak BS, mainly gun-on-gun fun. Didn't run into any boosters either, like I used to in MW2 barebones. That made me happy.:p

161 - 176 of 176 Posts