Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

681 - 694 of 694 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #681
Two out of three nights I've been placed in Merc TDM lobbies that were hacked!:mad

It's pretty bad when you're sitting waiting to respawn and you got the admin menu on your TV screen and you can see the d-bag checking off options for his group of friends as the game is already underway.

Plus being that I was listed as Non-Verified on his menu, I didn't get any special attributes. But I did get a single re-spawn point where they trapped our team. Nice seeing three dudes' character models respawning on top of each other and getting immediately cut down by the a-holes waiting for them.:mad

The other team had less gravity (jumping), aim assist (red boxes around enemies), infinite ammo and fractional reload animations, etc. Plus at times it looked like they would be able to skip frames of animation where they would disappear and reappear 10-15 feet from where they'd originally been, but the rest of the scene around you would stay at a crisp 60fps or whatever it should normally be.

Other times my character would be grabbed to the sky and dropped to my death. That sucked too.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #682
It got worse. I saw things like harriers flying in formation across the sky. AC-130's with auto-firing cannons and no reload time, etc.:(

Finally here's what IW had to say about the situatiuon:

IW admit MW2 and CoD hacks but blame PS3's lack of security

by unwanted
Published on 01-15-2011 03:24

IW finally admit MW2 and COD4 have been hacked, but... say its still not their problem its more to do with Sony as its their machine that has had its security breached and cannot fix it until Sony sort it out. Here is what Fourzerotwo (Infinity Ward Staff, Community Moderator) has to say on the matter:

"Sony has recently acknowledged a breach in security on the PS3 which resulted in games to become exposed to exploits and hacks. Modern Warfare 2 is no exception to this security exploit and we understand that some of you have experienced problems with stats and other issues associated with this.

Games rely on the security of the encryption on the platforms they're played on, therefore; updates to the game through patches will not resolve this problem, unless the security exploit itself is resolved on the platform. Regretfully, Call of Duty games are receiving the bulk of the hacker's attention, due to its high player counts and popularity. However, the number of legitimate players severely outweighs the bad apples.

If you are concerned about playing with players who are hacking, I encourage you to play exclusively with friends by utilizing the party or private match options in Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty 4 to avoid such players as much as possible until this issue is resolved by Sony.

At this time, we do not have the ability to restore or adjust individual stats.

Let me assure you, while we are very reliant on Sony updating their firmware and security to address the core problem of this issue. We are looking at EVERY option available to us to help any user affected.

This only applies to legacy games such as Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2. In the future we plan to adjust our approach to not rely solely on platform security and reduce the ability for this to happen in our games, as has already been displayed by the work Treyarch has done on Call of Duty: Black Ops to prevent similar measures."

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/vi...?f=28&t=371760

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #683
I went back to try out MW2 after the PS3 3.56 update/security patch.

1st lobby: Merc TDM. Of the 3 people on my team all had european accents. Apparently I was on a eurpean server even if I'm in Los Angeles... 2 games with no problems. 8-2-2 and 14-9. :eek:

2nd lobby: Merc TDM. I was 13-10 on Overgrown before the host migrated and the game was lost. I got stabbed in the chest by a dude I couldn't see. In the killcam he was apx. 10 yards away and made the slashing motion in mid air while I died in the distance... uh-oh...:(

3rd lobby: Merc TDM in invasion. Super speed lobby. Spawned in, killed a dude and noticed there was only 4 people on the other team, and just me as the opfor. The dudes were running ultra fast. It's got to have been more then double the old Marathon/LW/care package glitch speed. I backed out and took the loss before they could kill me.:fear

4th lobby: Don't even know what map it was on. But the hacker had his name on my screen making claim to the game. I think there was only 4 guys on this map too. That was enough for me to see and I backed the heck out ASAP.:cry

So final score: 2 normal games, 1 game where something iffy happened, 2 hacked lobbies. 2-1-2. Not a good score in the fight against d-bag modders and hackers.:(

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #684
I'm thinking strongly of giving PS3 MW2 another chance... This probably won't end very well for me. But we shall see...:eek:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Sadly, I bought this game for XMas when it first came out and literally played it like twice and then put it down and never picked it back up. Guess I'd rather just play Forza and Assassin's Creed. Thinking about checking out the new COD, but I probably won't...

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #686
Looks like patch 1.12 from IW and the PS3 3.60 firmware update has saved the game. I played for a couple hours the other night on the PS3 and encountered no problems like in the past couple months.

LOLS! I saw a couple of dudes trying to boost in Merc TDM and actually felt major relief seeing some ol skool shinnanigans and not the crazed hacking of the recent past.:lol2

Not sure if the rock glitch on Fuel also got patched. Played the map but refused to go out in that direction.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #687
Jumped into a Merc TDM lobby. Everything was normal for a few games until we got to Afghan...

We put a beating on the other guys that I have never been a part of before. The other team got a total of 3 kills in the entire game. 25:1 team KDR ftw!:lol2

The other crazy thing is that only 1 person backed out on the other side. Everybody else was on their side when the game began.

----------------------

Later I had another personal first. On Estate I made my way from the Estate past the boathouse and onto the white stairs overlooking the garage.

A dude was shooting out the side window at my teammate so I hosed him down with my RPD. Then the game popped up a huge number of points: headshot, avenger, payback, rescuer, buzzkill, double kill (guy behind the first one), etc. I think it was 800 points for one quick spray.:lol2 I don't recall ever doing that either.

Gotta love MW2.:lol2

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
holy shit 25:1

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #689
Last night I jumped on for a short stint of Merc TDM. It took over 5 mins to get a lobby filled enough to launch the match. That was the downside. The upside: No hackers, no boosters, and I'm the only person who shot a noob toob lols.

Ended up 47-29 for those 3 games.

Overall it was pretty darn fun playing on Wasteland and Estate once again.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
Last night I jumped on for a short stint of Merc TDM. It took over 5 mins to get a lobby filled enough to launch the match. That was the downside. The upside: No hackers, no boosters, and I'm the only person who shot a noob toob lols.

Ended up 47-29 for those 3 games.

Overall it was pretty darn fun playing on Wasteland and Estate once again.
i still pop in cod 4 every once and a while to merc some fools

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #694
Ran into more hackers on the PS3.

In a game of Dom on Afghan 3 guys seemed to be able to put down invisible TI's. I could hear the guys placing them down and also spanwing back in, but couldn't see any sign of the flares themselves. They also seemed to have health apx. equivalent to having Pain Killer. It took 2 noob toobs to take out a dude at close range. Another guy soaked up 3/4 of a mag from my unsilenced ACR at point blank range and was still able to stand up and knife me.

Craziness!:eek2

After the game ended the final score came up for a couple seconds, but not the leaderboard. Then the game restarted by directly loading into a game on Estate. No pre-game lobby at all.

D-bag hackers!:mad

681 - 694 of 694 Posts