Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have a question. I got my oil changed and the guy had a non vtec 5th gen accord. He had an intake a full exhaust i'm thinking with a high flow cat, upgraded ignition and wires and upgraded fuel injectors. He said he also reprogrammed the cpu.

Anyway he put the car on the dyno he said and it put down 315 at the wheels. Is that even possible? I don't know much obviously and I'm a noob when it comes to the internal workings of the engine. So all you tuners is this possible or could he tell i was noobish and was trying to pull one over on me?

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i thought too. i forgot to add that he has a header also. but yeah i thought that was a lot for all NA motor with no internal work done to it. He said nothing about pistons and i know he hasn't done any cam work because he said that was next.

·
Registered
146 Posts
even with cams and headers he wouldnt be even close to pushing 300hp. he wouldnt be even pushing 200hp. i say u go back and bitch slap his ass :kick

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
even better than that how about I just take his shit since he obviously doesn't respect it or fellow Honda enthusiast.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
muhahah an f22b2 is a stupid platform to do an NA build off, thats BS #1

#2 even if the head was ported the hell out, block built with forged high compression pistons, a wild cam, stroked, and he had a custom Bisimoto or SMSP header it would only put down no more then 220-230 or so whp if that. thats about how much Bisimoto is making on a built F motor mated to a D series tranny w/ adapter plate in a CRX. its the fastest SOHC all motor honda running high 9's.

·
Registered
123 Posts
:noo are you sure you even trust that guy changing your oil?? typical industry mechanic trying to pull one over on the customer. and by the way, my civic cx has 895hp to the wheels and i only have a shortshifter....haha :noo

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
just remember there are LOTS of liars. we calling them... well liars.. I have lots around about there stock NEONS not RT or SRT but crappy ones.. (they all are really) but he beats GSR on any given day...

You can do either 2 things. one call him out, or talk shit on internet and laugh behind his back..

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
at the track!!!! call him out to the track!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
the only way to achieve that is a built up h22 with boost....

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
c'mon guys....it's an f22...dunno why everyone's surprised...300hp is easy to from these motors....they were built for n/a power!

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
azian21485 said:
c'mon guys....it's an f22...dunno why everyone's surprised...300hp is easy to from these motors....they were built for n/a power!
what? you must be on crack.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts