Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
419 Posts
Yes you could perhaps get a bit more power from dialling out some of the cam overlap. You would have to get it on a dyno and tune it properly though;)

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok good, i was hoping that you can still pull out some hp from cam gears with a turbo, because thats my next mod, and i just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a waste of money to get the gears for now till then

· Registered
215 Posts
What the dude up there said, but you will not want much overlap if you are running a turbo. You want those valves closing ASAP or else the boost will run right in through the intake port and exit the exhaust side. Overlap mainly works well with NA engines. Overlap would work as a vacuum in that case so that the incoming fuel can mix more efficient with the air and let out all of the prior exhaust. Cam Gears will be a good investment for tuning purposes though. Are they the +-10 adjustable? Sorry for the speech. Hope it makes sense. thanx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.