Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im swapping a d15b2 into my cx and was wondering a couple things:

Is there a better stock cam out there than my d15b2 cam? I dont want to spend hundreds on an aftermarket cam, does the y7 cam have good specs? Or the a6?

Also, im putting my cx intake manifold on the d15b2 and was looking at it, the throttle body is so tiny, but the plenum isn't that small, is it the same as the 5th gen dx's plenum? if i swapped the throttle body off of a dx and put it on my manifold would it do me much good? What about a z6 tb, aren't they all around 55 mm?

thx in advance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are the sensors the same? No major* wiring changes?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
T/B sensors will be the same plugs, other than that you are using a lot of carryover stuff. You'd move your injectors over since OBD2 injectors have different plugs. Probably your fuel rail would fit also, but y8 rails are super cheap if you ended up needing one. The only major concern is the IACV, which can be a concern with any of these manifold swaps. But that is an obstacle that can always be overcome, nexus did it with that manifold on a y7.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just to clear this up...took apart the cx. The manifold is just about worthless. First off, the cx head's intake ports are a little larger than a quarter...so the intake manifold ports are very tiny, too small to bolt to a 16 valve head. Also, the cx throttle body, which is 40mm, has a different bolt pattern than other d series tb's ..it is almost a square bolt pattern *almost* so it seems the only thing good on the manifold is the iacv..i think, it bolts to the back of the intake manifold like the z6 one..but one of the bolts is in a different position, which would need to be tapped out if you wanted to put the iacv on the z6 manifold. Just thought I would end this thread

1 - 7 of 7 Posts