Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into buying a pair of cams for my B18C1, I don't have many mods right now, just I/H/E upgraded fuel system and ECU, although I do want to boost it soon, I just want to increase HP for right now and be able to use the same cam with my turbo I will be eventually buying, what type of cam would give me more power for right now and keep the power (maybe even increase it) when I go turbo later on?? say like a Stage 1, 2 or 3, or skunk2 has a turbo cam Ive read about but I dont know if I put in a turbo cam right now without turbo would it like mess something up or not give me any power at all you know??

Also I have heard lower compression is better for turbo'd applications so what type of low compressed valve train components go good with cams does anyone have some recommendations on that as well

·
Registered
451 Posts
lugnutRS said:
I'd just wait. Get the turbo going and then see what needs to be done. Turbo cams on the currently NA motor may not allow it to work to well.
He is completely right, getting turbo cams in advance of the turbo just makes you less untill you get your turbo.. normally.. thats my disclaimer in case there is some master mystery profile for the cams that I havent seen or herd about. Id say the itr cams are about right for a quick fix, cheap and reliable without needing valve train changes.
I think your a little off on the valve train concept with regards to compression ratio. Normally a lower compression is good for turbo less chance of detonation. Now when you go to buy your cams whatever you choose you have to pay special attention to the amount of lift on the cam profile, to much lift= need new springs! As far as I know thats the main reason for the vavle train upgrades its all on the cams, but if you go to do alot of force/heavy boost than id worry about valve lift or chater just because of the forces in the combustion chamber. anybody feel free to correct me if im wrong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.