Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is it to replace these not the little plug on the distributer side but its not the head gasket as i thought or the valve cover gasket which i thought was its the cam seals so how hard is it to replace these on a 1992 prelude Si 5 spd if that matters. help asap

·
Registered
255 Posts
If I understand you correctly then you need to take the cam gears off, which requires all of the timing crap to be removed to get to the seals you are referring to. Have you ever changed your timing belt? If so then it should be a piece of cake, if not... you could be in for a suprise. Most people will say you can change your belt/water pump and cam seals pretty easy... I found it to be a major pain in the ass!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
It's not hard to do, but you really need a manual to know the torque specs. It is CRUCIAL that you torque everything properly. You don;t need to touch the cam gearsm cams, or timing belt, at least on an Integra.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
i'm pretty sure you just need to get the cam caps off to replace the cam seal (at least the front one (header side)) on a b-series motor.

·
Registered
699 Posts
gurusan said:
i'm pretty sure you just need to get the cam caps off to replace the cam seal (at least the front one (header side)) on a b-series motor.
*intake side.

distibutor works off the exhaust cam.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK so i could if i really wanted to do it myself but theres a place around here that does honda motor stuff quite often but they told me 100 for just the cam seals or 200 for crankshaft seal. and suggesting timing belt and drive belt replacement..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.