Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, tonight I finally got my shot.

This black NSX with aftermarket rims has been rolling around my side of town for the last few months. It has a huge aftermarket intake, and you can see the intercooler mounted up against his rear window..

He was minding his own business going down the road, I spotted the NSX tail lights from about 200 yards away and caught up with him. He looked over at me, and I looked over at him. Here were at about 35mph or so.. I dropped it into 1st...

Im almost in the red, and I hear him spool up. He honked.. 1..2..3...........

I gunned it. As quick as the race began I was in 2nd, and pulling hard. His nose was next to my door, and I was gaining... up to the top of third and now im at 90mph.. ive got 2 cars on him by now.. he cuts off.

Stop light.

He rolls down his window and gives me the thumbs up. I told him he had a fuckin sweet ass ride. Looking close he has some HKE rims on it, must have been worth $5k or so alone.. He asked if we could try it from the line. I said sure.

Light is red. This is my speciality.

Im looking over to the right, at the green light. I see it turn yellow, and I rev to 4200rpm. It turns red. I counted to one..

When I dumped the clutch the light was still red, but when the car moved it was green. Perfect timing. The nittos dug in and I felt the nose go up and my car caught traction and catapulted foward. The NSX had got to a slow start. I rode 1st to the redline and shifted at the light, 2nd.. 3rd.. hes still trying. Could it be that the NSX could come back!? I ride third to 90, and go to 4th, now im flying.. 110, 120, 130, 140... the NSX maintains the 1-1/2 car spacing until I let off. We run out of road and stop. By now were all alone in the country.

He rolls his window down again and congratulates me. He told me that a f-body has never givin him that good of a run. I told him he has never ran that many f-bodies.. lol.

Turns out hes the owner of a local quiznos. He invited me out anytime to his place. He also took time to remind me that his car would defeat mine on a road course. I reminded him that there are no road courses in texas. lol.

We exchanged mutual respect and went on our way. I noticed he had a huge intercooler in the REAR WINDOW with a hige scoop feeding it air. Im not going to lie, it looked like a fucking badass race car. Thats one honda I would pimp any day of the week.

Im glad I beat him. I was beggining to thiink I was gonna have to spray on him or something.. :hehe

·
Registered
964 Posts
nice kill. ive never raced a boosted nsx, but aparently i didnt want to in my former state. i cant wait to meet one when my engine goes in.

·
Registered
772 Posts
very nice man.

·
Registered
964 Posts
nice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.