Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
omg.... you found one video whare a piece of shit american car beats a japanese car. plus american peices of shit always have bigger motors in them cause they are not efficient. if JDM made there motors as big as american peices of shit... then america would be hopeless when it comes to cars. what I am trying to say is.... you would think that all american peices of shit would beat jap because of engine size but that almost never happens. shows how much of a piece of shit an american vehicle is.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Shafto said:
omg.... you found one video whare a piece of shit american car beats a japanese car. plus american peices of shit always have bigger motors in them cause they are not efficient. if JDM made there motors as big as american peices of shit... then america would be hopeless when it comes to cars. what I am trying to say is.... you would think that all american peices of shit would beat jap because of engine size but that almost never happens. shows how much of a piece of shit an american vehicle is.
Most of our "shit" American cars were made using cheap Canadian labor. It's nice how $40 and a pack of cigarrettes can get you a day's labor up in the Mexico of the north.

And by the way, here's the kicker. AN RB26DETT IS HEAVIER THAN AN LS1. Do some research before your start flapping your gums.

noobs :noo

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Shafto said:
I def like JDM cars more than any american car but that is a typical noob post.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Shafto said:

Show me a high horsepower JDM car without a turbo or 2 on it?

Please ~

·
Registered
385 Posts
Shafto said:
I love imports and i have one. they are fast but they will no where get close to American cars and that is a fact. I hate to say it but it is true. Imports may have better cars in terms of reliability and economy but when it comes to power... hands down American cars.
When did you ever see an import hit 4 seconds on the 1/4 mile? never.
(when i say import i mean 4 or 6 cylinders)
definitely a noob

·
Registered
116 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
Honda doesn't even make a V8.
And the false statement of the day goes too..................

Layout: 90 degree V8 Naturally Aspirated
Displacement: 4000cc
Horsepower: 590hp / 9500rpm
torque: 383lb/ft / 7500rpm
Restrictor: 33.4mm x2 or 46.8mm x1
Clutch: Carbon 4 plate
length: 559mm
width: 720mm
height: 577mm
weight: 131kg

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
turbohonda97 said:
And the false statement of the day goes too..................

Layout: 90 degree V8 Naturally Aspirated
Displacement: 4000cc
Horsepower: 590hp / 9500rpm
torque: 383lb/ft / 7500rpm
Restrictor: 33.4mm x2 or 46.8mm x1
Clutch: Carbon 4 plate
length: 559mm
width: 720mm
height: 577mm
weight: 131kg
I'll say it again, Honda doesn't make a V8. Mugen is not affiliated with Honda. They just make overpriced shit for front wheel drive cars.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The engine is based off of a Honda Lemans race motor. Mugen just down tunes it to go into a production car. And yes mugen does work with honda on R&D which is why the new k-series RDX has a turbo. Also if you want to argue on that just look at every Indy car in the years 500. All 33 were Honda V8's.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
turbohonda97 said:
The engine is based off of a Honda Lemans race motor. Mugen just down tunes it to go into a production car. And yes mugen does work with honda on R&D which is why the new k-series RDX has a turbo. Also if you want to argue on that just look at every Indy car in the years 500. All 33 were Honda V8's.
I'm talking about production cars. The only Honda V8 you will see is on television. What's the point in talking about large displacement Japanese V8s when they don't sell them in America? I could bring up the 20,000 RPM Ford Cosworth V8, but the discussion wouldn't go anywhere.

http://appserver.veoh.com/videoDeta...34&feature=1&tag=cars&offset=80&numResults=20

The fact is, GM V8 engines have just as much potential as the Pacific muscle engines.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I only posted it because someone said show me a high horsepower JDM car. So I did. Dont get me wrong I dont have anything against the ls1 and such, in fact it is one of the most efficient motors out there thats a v8. I just simply showed him a JDM car without a turbo that makes power. ANd then the whole Honda doesnt make a v8 comment came, the production car factor was never stated.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
given that imported performance motors make 100+hp/liter NA, they are small engines that make less power than the largeass american ones. any mods you do to a v8 are going to yield more power than on any 4 cylinder. a camaro would pull a skyline stock vs stock, am i right? it might be a 5.7 vs 2.6 and the 5.7 might make a little more horsepower than the 6 cylinder while it is enormous doesnt mean its slower. reliability depends on the care you take of the car and how you drive it. i would personally never drive a GM vehicle if i had a choice, but they do make some fast ass cars for good prices, and ive seen plenty nearing 300k miles. read about one going over a million.

btw, GM is starting to use toyota motors in many of their smaller economy cars...thought it might be relevant.

dont bring up the import vs domestic argument. again. dont waste your time or anyone elses. just go lookup threads and whatnot, read, and make your own decisions. the topic has already been argued plenty.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Why are you still talking he is fuckin ownin the shit out of you...

its a Honda motor, came from the factory soo basically~!

turbohonda97 has owned ya!

1 - 20 of 309 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.