Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
omg.... you found one video whare a piece of shit american car beats a japanese car. plus american peices of shit always have bigger motors in them cause they are not efficient. if JDM made there motors as big as american peices of shit... then america would be hopeless when it comes to cars. what I am trying to say is.... you would think that all american peices of shit would beat jap because of engine size but that almost never happens. shows how much of a piece of shit an american vehicle is.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Fokai671 said:
I love imports and i have one. they are fast but they will no where get close to American cars and that is a fact. I hate to say it but it is true. Imports may have better cars in terms of reliability and economy but when it comes to power... hands down American cars.
When did you ever see an import hit 4 seconds on the 1/4 mile? never.
(when i say import i mean 4 or 6 cylinders)
definitely a noob

well of course.... it is a huge motor to hit the 4 second mark. but if a japanese manufacturer made a 500cubic inch top fuel engine it would get down the strip in 4 seconds too. might even be faster.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Fokai671 said:
yeah but the problem is that Japanese manufacturers dont make motors big enough to to hit 4 seconds.

The point you made a while ago was that Japanese made faster motors.

and now you're saying that anyone can make a really fast car if they have the resources....

if thats the case then the argument about whether Japanese/American's make better cars shouldn't even be an issue.
No no no, I was saying that for there size they are more powerful. horsepower per liter. They are far more efficiant than american.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
fareast said:
Putting a V8 into a car and making it go fast is easy. Only stupid white boyz take the easy way. Put a v4 in a car and make it go fast, now thats hard.... wow you made a monster out of a v4. Also driving a white boy car makes you look stupid, but driving a import makes you look COOL!! :D
yah man good point. I like your thinking.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I agree. I think this guy managed to end this thread. But I would just like to say something. You people that say how "we" act like we are on top of the world and honda is the only car... well I dont like how you act like you guys are "king of the threads." Like they are stating there opinion. They enjoy acting like that. So let them do it. Dont insult them.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I just seen one today. It was parked at the grocery store and I knew who it belonged to. (just to tell you now I live in a town of 5000 people including the surrounding area, so a skyline is a very rare thing to see) but yeah I herd about this car comming to town for a while. then I saw it and omg!! sooo nice. It was in immaculate shap for having 105 000 kilometers. I kinda knew the owner (never talked to him tho) but I still went into the grocery store and seriously hunted him down and asked him about the car. He said that it was the second one he bought, the first one was shit. I dont know if he got his money back or what. but this one is really good shape. Then I asked him about racing and he said that he has done some. lmao he says he shifts at 3 haha that thing would like bog at 3 and the turbo wont even be spooled up! He says he only shifts over 3 every once and a while and he has never brought it to redline! well if he is racing at the strip and not bringing it to redline then he is not getting full potential of that car. anyway just thought I'd tell you about the car I saw in real life that I usually only see on my computer monitor. :rock:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
riceboy89 said:
Im gonna agree here with ya nathan. Domestics were built to be fast cars, imports were not. Im sorry but all these jdm-wana-be **** are just plain stupid. Im sorry but your stock crx with 50hp wasnt ment to be a sports car. Now a tuned import that is capable of good track times is another story. The thing is IMPORTS ARENT MADE FOR ALL OUT PERFORMANCE FROM THE FACTORY! Domestics are made to be fast stock, coming off the assembly lines with monster v8s and such.

I dont get why people cant respect cars. I mean if an import beats a domestic, why cant we just give the import credit and go on with ur lives. Same thing if a domestic beats an import. Why cant we just give the domestic credit? Stupid import fanboys start talking about hp/liter and domestic tools start with the played out "ricer" theme. How about we all appreciate cars?

Fuck stupid import vs domestic shit. Respect all cars and be done with it. Japanese cars have their strengths and weaknesses (handling and balance). Oh yeah to the tool who said a mustang could outhandle most imports, look at some skidpad results dumbass. Domestics have their strengths too. Domestics own the drag strip, period.

To all the **** who worship every supra or skyline as untouchable cars, man shut up. Did you know that most all supras that run single digit times at the track switch over to a gm transmission and a ford rear axle.

Props to the camero though.
What are you talking about Imports are not meant to be fast??? like sure the Civic, CRX and all those inexpensive ones but I could sit here for ever naming off cars that are meant to be fast and is an import.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
k calm down and why are those numbers there delcare what fast is? But aside from that, when that guy said "Imports are not to be fast" it sounds like they are not designed to go fast. In a way yes, most of them are for economy infact all of them have economy in them. But really there are a lot of cars that were built to be sporty. They were built to be faster than most of your everyday cars.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Nathan123 said:
There is NOT ONE factory Japanese car that can do the same.
really? not one? I am not going to go look for one but I will take your word for it. Honda is making the NSX again tho and the Skyline mgiht be comming back and the Supra might be seeing production again.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
usually Japanese powerbands are larger than american. so if you had two 1000hp engines one jap and other american I think that the jap would pull out because it get better hp for a longer period of time. (I am not referring to a camaro and a skyline tho) any two 1000hp cars. Now if you think I am stupid or totally disagree on me dont flip on me I am just saying what I think not how it is.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Nathan123 said:
That was a pretty fancy RWD burnout those AWD cars were doing. And, yes, all of the videos you have posted were lame. SLOW launches. Since you don't get it, watch:

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/7+second/4/872cbe97-2b12-4b93-badc-f66fbf41e884.htm

Those are REAL launches. AWD=USELESS at those power levels. Like I said. One day you'll discover that you can't win an argument with physics or me.
ok, obviously the front tires do not come in to use when the they are in the air.... But Nathan the vid you posted here are some serious cars you cant compare that with the skylines. They also had some serious slicks. I am on your side when it comes to very high horse (I am talking enough to bring the front tires off the ground) but if not I would take AWD. and yes computers put lots of power to the rear in AWD. but when that front tire is up it is no use. Also, when the a car launches like that, all the wieght transfer goes to the back so basically the back tire is doing all the work. THis is when it comes to striaght line.

You cant call those launches slow tho lmao. yes compared to a 10000hp top fuel dragster.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
This is my own comment but Japan does use way better materials and there fit and finish and refinement are way better. Now dont go off picking the American car with the nicest interior, overall it is true.

1 - 16 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.