Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
Honda doesn't even make a V8.
And the false statement of the day goes too..................

Layout: 90 degree V8 Naturally Aspirated
Displacement: 4000cc
Horsepower: 590hp / 9500rpm
torque: 383lb/ft / 7500rpm
Restrictor: 33.4mm x2 or 46.8mm x1
Clutch: Carbon 4 plate
length: 559mm
width: 720mm
height: 577mm
weight: 131kg

·
Registered
116 Posts
The engine is based off of a Honda Lemans race motor. Mugen just down tunes it to go into a production car. And yes mugen does work with honda on R&D which is why the new k-series RDX has a turbo. Also if you want to argue on that just look at every Indy car in the years 500. All 33 were Honda V8's.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I only posted it because someone said show me a high horsepower JDM car. So I did. Dont get me wrong I dont have anything against the ls1 and such, in fact it is one of the most efficient motors out there thats a v8. I just simply showed him a JDM car without a turbo that makes power. ANd then the whole Honda doesnt make a v8 comment came, the production car factor was never stated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wasnt trying to "own" anyone, I simply answered a previous posters question "who wasnt toaster BTW" of show a high horsepower import without a turbo or 2, which I did. Everyone just needs to calm down and realize that as much as we like imports, The large displacement V8's that american companies produce will always make more power (ie top Fuel)

/thread

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nightstalker said:
Who here would leave there car 100% stock anyway.. Who cares what a car does from the factory. Built not Bought.

I can throw up videos of my civic killing mustangs in the 1/4 and eating up high end sports cars on the road course if you guys want. :rolleyes
Its not what you boughtl, its what you can do with it.

/thread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.