Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
given that imported performance motors make 100+hp/liter NA, they are small engines that make less power than the largeass american ones. any mods you do to a v8 are going to yield more power than on any 4 cylinder. a camaro would pull a skyline stock vs stock, am i right? it might be a 5.7 vs 2.6 and the 5.7 might make a little more horsepower than the 6 cylinder while it is enormous doesnt mean its slower. reliability depends on the care you take of the car and how you drive it. i would personally never drive a GM vehicle if i had a choice, but they do make some fast ass cars for good prices, and ive seen plenty nearing 300k miles. read about one going over a million.

btw, GM is starting to use toyota motors in many of their smaller economy cars...thought it might be relevant.

dont bring up the import vs domestic argument. again. dont waste your time or anyone elses. just go lookup threads and whatnot, read, and make your own decisions. the topic has already been argued plenty.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
life sux die said:
should i even bother playa? there's plenty of american cars out there that handle well not just japanese cars playa. japanese cars for the most part are just ecno-boxes.

don't get me wrong i love hondas but these fucking fan boys man. i'm so sick of the import scene, it's plauged with all of these little wannabee JDM know it alls...
new z06=pwnz0r.

i was lookin at ebay turbo kits and they have 'JDM piping' :hehe :lmao
american car companies do make small engines with big power. take dodge omni glhs, ford mustang svo, thunderbird svo(both fords had 2.3l turbo with a t3) the new mazdaspeed 6:2.4l turbo(somethin like 300hp), srt4, just to name a few american cars since 1986 to current that have had small displacement but an assload of power. i know there are plenty more. they just arent well known.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
control1200 said:
Everyone seems to be debating about who's better "import or domestic" , but the car manufacturers don't give a shit.. they seem to be working with each other more and more. Some examples:

The saturn vue suv was available with a honda six cylinder engine. Probably still is.

Mazda is putting ford six cylinders in their sedans.

The pontiac vibe is really a toyota matrix.

remember the old mercury villager minivan, it was identical to the nissan quest.
ford owns mazda. :sleep

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
why is this thread still going?

:idiots

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
gsro11 said:
thank you
ooo you hurt my rep score so much :hehe

quit flaming back and forth in this retarded thread. it isnt even on topic. are you learning anything or just trying to argue? quit posting. the thread has been drug out for long enough. it isnt even on topic anymore. if you have anything to argue about use the private message system and stop whoring up the thread with useless flame wars. its stupid and childish. and so are you.

Reactions: Nathan123
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.