Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Fosgate13 said:
Why are you still talking he is fuckin ownin the shit out of you...

its a Honda motor, came from the factory soo basically~!

turbohonda97 has owned ya!
Owning the shit out of someone would be what I did to the first person who replied. turbohonda97 stated the obvious, since it's common knowledge to anybody who follows F1 that Honda makes a V8 for their race car. F1 recently switched from V10 to V8.

Honda still has a V6 in its pussy truck.

Since you have nothing to contribute, knowledge-wise to this thread (as you probably have none), do us a favor and go eat a dick.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wasnt trying to "own" anyone, I simply answered a previous posters question "who wasnt toaster BTW" of show a high horsepower import without a turbo or 2, which I did. Everyone just needs to calm down and realize that as much as we like imports, The large displacement V8's that american companies produce will always make more power (ie top Fuel)

/thread

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Would like to say this with the utmost respect for all cars

They don't call american cars american muscle for no reason.

American Cars = Power
Imports (mostly honda's) = Handling and all around balance and reliability

You can only pick 1 unless you buy both types of cars :lol2

·
Registered
110 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
Owning the shit out of someone would be what I did to the first person who replied. turbohonda97 stated the obvious, since it's common knowledge to anybody who follows F1 that Honda makes a V8 for their race car. F1 recently switched from V10 to V8.

Honda still has a V6 in its pussy truck.

Since you have nothing to contribute, knowledge-wise to this thread (as you probably have none), do us a favor and go eat a dick.
i have to agree with you. Point still stands that honda is a company based more towards economy cars and not trucks. If you want an import truck go toyota.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
mitcho0o said:
dude, that guy is right...japanese cars are for the tracks and circuit...americans got the muscle on the drag...well said playa
should i even bother playa? there's plenty of american cars out there that handle well not just japanese cars playa. japanese cars for the most part are just ecno-boxes.

don't get me wrong i love hondas but these fucking fan boys man. i'm so sick of the import scene, it's plauged with all of these little wannabee JDM know it alls...

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
life sux die said:
should i even bother playa? there's plenty of american cars out there that handle well not just japanese cars playa. japanese cars for the most part are just ecno-boxes.

don't get me wrong i love hondas but these fucking fan boys man. i'm so sick of the import scene, it's plauged with all of these little wannabee JDM know it alls...
new z06=pwnz0r.

i was lookin at ebay turbo kits and they have 'JDM piping' :hehe :lmao
american car companies do make small engines with big power. take dodge omni glhs, ford mustang svo, thunderbird svo(both fords had 2.3l turbo with a t3) the new mazdaspeed 6:2.4l turbo(somethin like 300hp), srt4, just to name a few american cars since 1986 to current that have had small displacement but an assload of power. i know there are plenty more. they just arent well known.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Fokai671 said:
I love imports and i have one. they are fast but they will no where get close to American cars and that is a fact. I hate to say it but it is true. Imports may have better cars in terms of reliability and economy but when it comes to power... hands down American cars.
When did you ever see an import hit 4 seconds on the 1/4 mile? never.
(when i say import i mean 4 or 6 cylinders)
definitely a noob

well of course.... it is a huge motor to hit the 4 second mark. but if a japanese manufacturer made a 500cubic inch top fuel engine it would get down the strip in 4 seconds too. might even be faster.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Shafto said:
well of course.... it is a huge motor to hit the 4 second mark. but if a japanese manufacturer made a 500cubic inch top fuel engine it would get down the strip in 4 seconds too. might even be faster.
then the americans, or the europeans, shit maybe even mexicans would make it better. given the technology these days, anything is possible.

Shafto said:
k well I know what I know and I can see that this would not go no ware so I will stop here. I wasnt trying to start nothin either.
i'm glad you realized this. :number1

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Technically... American V8's really aren't that efficient in making horsepower per liter. If they utilized the full potential of the displacement and got some hard core R&D into it, I'm sure they could come out with a 4.2L V8 that made as much power as their 5.0+L V8s make now. The problem is that until recently, most American V8's have been pushrod motors... and alot are 16v V8's. Kinda hard to fine tune a motor like that.

I dunno... I get the argument... so, with that being said :sps:

As for high horsepower naturally aspirated JDM cars... does this count?

NSX-R: 320 Horsepower N/A V6

~Peace

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Integravtr said:
Would like to say this with the utmost respect for all cars

They don't call american cars american muscle for no reason.

American Cars = Power
Imports (mostly honda's) = Handling and all around balance and reliability

You can only pick 1 unless you buy both types of cars :lol2

Handling? If they all handled so well then why do we all put coilovers and every bar we can possible brace on our cars? GTO, Corvette ZO6 and the Mustang Cobra can all out handle most imports out there... And those cars can now all be had for the price of an RSX. Even the new Mustang GT can handle its own on a road course.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
Technically... American V8's really aren't that efficient in making horsepower per liter. If they utilized the full potential of the displacement and got some hard core R&D into it, I'm sure they could come out with a 4.2L V8 that made as much power as their 5.0+L V8s make now. The problem is that until recently, most American V8's have been pushrod motors... and alot are 16v V8's. Kinda hard to fine tune a motor like that.

I dunno... I get the argument... so, with that being said :sps:

As for high horsepower naturally aspirated JDM cars... does this count?

NSX-R: 320 Horsepower N/A V6

~Peace
Efficient as far as making power I can agree on. But fuel efficiency is also there. Example... LS1's making 31mpg , and new Z06's making the same all with 505 hp on tap. My old s2000 stuggled to average 30 mpg on the freeway. and that was 2 liters!!!!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
MrKevIsMeToSlow said:
Handling? If they all handled so well then why do we all put coilovers and every bar we can possible brace on our cars? GTO, Corvette ZO6 and the Mustang Cobra can all out handle most imports out there... And those cars can now all be had for the price of an RSX. Even the new Mustang GT can handle its own on a road course.
Subaru WRX STi and Lancer Evo MR thrown in for fun

Skidpad
2005 GTO - 0.88 Skidpad
2006 Mustang GT - 0.89 Skidpad
2006 Corvette Z06 - 0.98 Skidpad
2005 RSX Type-S - 0.86 Skidpad
2005 WRX STi - 0.92 Skidpad
2005 Evolution MR - 0.93 Skidpad

Base Price
2005 GTO - $33,500
2006 Mustang GT - $24,995
2006 Corvette Z06 - $69,995
2005 RSX Type-S - $24,140
2005 WRX STi - $32,870
2005 Evolution MR - $36,074

City Gas Mileage
2005 GTO - 15mpg
2006 Mustang GT - 17mpg
2006 Corvette Z06 - 16mpg
2005 RSX Type-S - 24mpg
2005 WRX STi - 18mpg
2005 Evolution MR - 18mpg

All facts pulled from C&D.com. So as to your argument, the STi (being one of many japanese cars that these muscle cars are supposed to be better than) get's better gas mileage than any of the 3 you mentioned, outhandles 2 (Only outhandled by the car that costs TWICE AS MUCH), and is cheaper than 2. Evolution does the same thing, only it is priced higher than only 1 of the american cars mentioned.

Why do we modify our suspensions? Because they can be made better. Are you telling me that every American muscle car owner that owns either of those 3 cars would NEVER modify their suspensions? :lmao

And the only one of those cars mentioned comes close to the RSX TYPE-S' price is the Mustang which is still almost a grand more. Not to mention that a Base RSX can be had starting around $20,000...

~Peace

·
Registered
385 Posts
Shafto said:

yeah but the problem is that Japanese manufacturers dont make motors big enough to to hit 4 seconds.

The point you made a while ago was that Japanese made faster motors.

and now you're saying that anyone can make a really fast car if they have the resources....

if thats the case then the argument about whether Japanese/American's make better cars shouldn't even be an issue.

21 - 40 of 309 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.