Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i already asked this question before, but since the history is no longer available...

i have a 99 lude w/ h&r race springs and kyb agx shocks...i desperately need a camber kit and was wondering what kit you guys would recommend and where is the best place to buy them...i don't really wanna go through group buy center, so does anybody have any recommendations? and approximate price?

thanks in advance~

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
did u get your car aligned to tell by how much? Thats the first step unless u want to guess but i wouldn't recommend it

some good brands are progress, ingalls, spc......i haven't had any trouble w/ the dealers on GBC

also in the faq there is a good guide for u

·
Registered
296 Posts
do you just have a front kit? do most people just need the front adjusted after a drop? after looking around online a lot of kits run about 120 per wheel and the less you need to buy the better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've got a 1.5 drop and decided to go with specialty product company adjustable ball joints on all 4 corners. I ordered the kit form nopi and ended up having some probs with the rings(they where the wong ones) but i contacted spec prod and the over-nighted some to me. The kit does the job but I think that I'm bottoming out on the ball joint.

Explaination: The factor ball joint is flat at the top of the control arm, does not stick up at all. The adjustable ball joint has a nut on top and sticks up may 1/2 an in thus you loose that clearance going over bumps and get that bang that sounds like you just bent a rim.

For me this happens way too often and I am looking for a solution. Hope that helps:D

BTW www.specprod.com

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my camber's definitely off on all 4 wheels...i've actually had to replace all four of my wheels so far within 1 year which is pretty bad...i called up some local shops and they said that they don't sell ingalls kits for gen5 preludes...is this true?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm dropped 1.5" on Tein SS, and have Ingalls kits on all four corners. No rubbing, and drives straight and true.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts