Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kit should i get with my h&r race / koni yellow setup??? i really don't care about the top of the line , i just want sumthing that will do the job and do it cheap. peace!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the cheapest place i can find em'... i checked groupbuycenter.com, and they want almost 300 for a kit, thats rediculous!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
kit...........

is that a complete kit for all 4 tires? I just did a quary on yahoo typed in ingall camber kits and I found a store ( forgot sorry ) that sold my camber kit for all four at 300 bucks and that includes shipping. I have a 93 accord!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
how bad would you need a camber correction kit if you have H&R race springs with stock shocks? how long can i wait without the camber kit before my tires are fucked?

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
ingall kits have clearence problems...thats all I will say.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
skunk2 make a camber kit, i think it costs US$190 per pair of adjustable upper A arms. check out www.jdmhondaparts.com or www.skunk2.com .Technica Sport/Vision also make some,but they cost about 72000 yen, about AUS$1000! thats still US$500 with your good exchange rate.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
lOOkatme said:
ingall kits have clearence problems...thats all I will say.
Any kit like Ingalls that tries to adjust for over 2 or 3 degrees of negative camber is going to run into clearance problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
deMad10 said:

Any kit like Ingalls that tries to adjust for over 2 or 3 degrees of negative camber is going to run into clearance problems.
sorry dumb question...but what exactly is meant when you say clearance problems? like going over speedbumps?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm going to pick up my spc camber kit this week. I got it from a shop in denver for 350 with front, rear, and lower control arms.
I let you guys know how the kits is.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
mister prelude tried putting ingalls 3556 on his neuspeed race lowered prelude. He had clearence issues with the actual camber kit itself rubbing the tire I believe. he had to shave the camber kit down to make it fit. his brother had the same problem with his accord.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
is there any easy way to fix my bad camber? lowering a car seems like a bitch and a half...:(

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn... why is shit soo expensive??? can't i just pick up a cheap one at AutoZone, or Napa or sumthin???

·
Registered
235 Posts
I agree lowering is expensive...........

damn lowering is expensive and to my opinin after going through with this it's almost not worth it for the better handling. Damn I bought tokico illumina with springs thats 538 bucks shipped, getting someone to put them and alignment is 345 bucks, then camber kits all around is going to cost 300 bucks and then getting someon to install them maybe 300 bucks also. This is almost not worth it. Then we have clearence problems with our innder fenders rubbing. Damn I'm lost on what to get for camber kits. I was gonna get ingalls, but they have correction problems past -2.2 for correction. What camber kits can I get to correct my -2.2 front right side withough clearence problems any suggestions anyone?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The clearance issue is with the control arm and the lower fender. The ingalls kit replaces the non adjustable anchors on the control arm with adjustable ones. If you have extremely negative camber then you may encounter contact when you adjust the anchors causing the control arm to come out further from the inside wheel well. Adjusting beyond 2 degrees may require to alter the inner fender lining slightly for control arm clearance. Basically, unless you have an extreme drop, you shouldn't have problems with the clearance issue.

·
Registered
99 Posts
okay I am that mister prelude that lOOkatme refers to. The problem with the 3558 kit is that the camber kit will hit the body frame when you are going at a decent speed, over a bump. It's happening to me right now, but I can't do anything until my Tein coil overs come in. You'll have to shave the corner that is hitting the body frame down. The same thing happened with my brother's accord, with the kit #3557. You can see where the camber kit hits the body frame. When I install the Teins, I'll try and take pictures of it. Bottom line, the #3558 kit does offer a lot of adjustment (1 3/4"-4 1/4") but it's going to have clearance problems.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
what kit do you recommend buying mister prelude??

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
LegoMahEggroll said:
okay I am that mister prelude that lOOkatme refers to. The problem with the 3558 kit is that the camber kit will hit the body frame when you are going at a decent speed, over a bump. It's happening to me right now, but I can't do anything until my Tein coil overs come in. You'll have to shave the corner that is hitting the body frame down. The same thing happened with my brother's accord, with the kit #3557. You can see where the camber kit hits the body frame. When I install the Teins, I'll try and take pictures of it. Bottom line, the #3558 kit does offer a lot of adjustment (1 3/4"-4 1/4") but it's going to have clearance problems.
also is this a problem only for the front??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts