Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I just put some Eibach on the caaahhhh. Im still learnin and all, so I don't know that much bout suspension. They told me I only needed a rear camber kit, why no front? Def not complaining, just curious. I picked up an Ingals kit for the back already. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
who told you that? best to head down to an alignment shop and get it checked out. Every car is different and sometime you may not even need a camber kit. With about a 2 inch drop, my rear tires were still within spec. You'll also know how far out your camber is, so you can buy the apropriate kit

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
and in any case it would make more sense to buy a camber kit for the front only rather than the rear since that is where all the weight is and the fact that it is a fwd. camber wear will make it's appearance almost completely in the front

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gotta stop going by Websters Dictionary for people stuck in rural NH. The shop that put the springs on my "CAR" told me they could not align the rear until I got a camber kit for it. Thanks for the suggestion about the front, sounds like a good call. I still have a lot to learn :huh

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
TSM_Pikachu said:
:eek :bh It's spelled CAR not cahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ahahahahahahahahah owned

but yeah... I'm not sure about the alignment issue, but a rear camber kit generally isn't entirely necessary as the rear wheels normally have slight negative camber out of the factory because it helps improve cornering performance...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
you don't need a camber kit to get the car alligned

although the shop might be trying to save you some money...because if you do get a camber kit you'll need to get it alligned again anyways

don't worry so much about camber..camber causes very minmal wear on the tires...-1 to -2 will be fine...even a little over -2 won't show excessive wear...just make sure your toe is at zero because toe is what can eat your tires

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
now when you say checking toe angle, is there a way or a rule of thumb to use when looking at that because my driver side front tire is getting considerably more wear than my passenger front. think that may be a reason?

and to get this fixed is it just a alignment that fixes that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts