Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright. got the h&r sports on kyb gr2 shocks. its a nice height. i ordered the omnipower front camber kit because from what i read on these threads they seem to be popular. i dont plan on installing it so if i take it to a mechanic do i just say "id like a -1 camber and 0 toe" or do i need somethin else to adjust toe. and by the way, toe is the only thing that effects uneven tire wear.. right?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
As long as they can reach the specs you give them, that's all you have to do. But, no... toe is NOT the only thing that causes tire wear. Camber does, also. But not significantly when used in small amounts (like -1.5 or less). Toe is the biggest offender, though.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so a zero toe and camber gives the lease amount of tire wear? also, i have only auto-x'd my car 3 times in the last yr and few months that ive had it so i really just want super minimal tire wear with a nice amount of control. -.5 camber sound good? by the way. how does one adjust the toe in a nutshell?? does the camber kit adjust the toe?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Naw, man.. the "camber kit" simply modifies the components so that you can attain a range of camber that is not attainable with stock components at whatever ride height. Once the kit is installed, you should have it professionally aligned to whatever specs you want. I suggest between -.5 and -1 camber (if you are doing more highway/street driving than taking curves) and 0 toe. The caster should be set to the high end of the stock specs. Both sides should be within .1 on every spec. Just tell this to whoever does the alignment and you should be good.

BTW, don't expect a night and day difference. At best, you'll have a bit better turn-in response and little to no extra tire wear. :cool

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
front camber cant be adjusted but toe can, I droped my car by ~1.75 inches. it was EXACTLY at -1.5 on both the front wheels(best for all around handeling IMO) . the rear is very slightly adjustable in toe and no camber. I would return the front camber kit and pick up rear camber+toe kit from meganracing.com for 160 bucks for both.

toe is what kills tires fast not camber.

bad toe causes the tires to be draged or pushed across the road, camber simply changes where the tire wears. yea high camber will wear tires out FAST but anything below -2* will be hardly noticed.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
kommon_sense said:
not without an aftermarket camber kit
Wow. I retract my last remark then. And I've learned something.
:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.