Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its wierd...

my kodak camera with 4.0 pixel has a 256 mb card..we were able to take like 400 pictures which is fine.

but my parents sony camera dsc-w30 with a 512 mb was only able to take 232 pics and it was full. which fucked up their trip out of the country from the lack of pics.

so now the camera is back..i couldnt figure out why? so i said fuck it and i reformatted the disk and dicking with it again..now it says 900 pics..which is about right.

was it because i didnt format it before? or wtf?

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
digital cameras can take pics at different resolutions. they're usually specified by "small", "medium", and "large" options somewhere on the camera. maybe the camera was set on "large?" check the manual for more info on such options.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IntegraTypeRS said:
digital cameras can take pics at different resolutions. they're usually specified by "small", "medium", and "large" options somewhere on the camera. maybe the camera was set on "large?" check the manual for more info on such options.
im guessing they were set to large...doesnt it rezie it for us?

my kodak no my last trip was almost full on best quality..so when we switched it to good quality it gave us an additional like 200 pics.

i couldnt do this with my parents sony. once they were full...it didnt matter if i changed the settings then

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
im guessing they were set to large...doesnt it rezie it for us?

my kodak no my last trip was almost full on best quality..so when we switched it to good quality it gave us an additional like 200 pics.

i couldnt do this with my parents sony. once they were full...it didnt matter if i changed the settings then

that's because yours was *almost* full while your parents was completely full. it didn't matter if you lowered the settings because there were no space left for new pics. while on your camera there were space left so by lowering the settings increased the amount of pictures you can take.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IntegraTypeRS said:
that's because yours was *almost* full while your parents was completely full. it didn't matter if you lowered the settings because there were no space left for new pics. while on your camera there were space left so by lowering the settings increased the amount of pictures you can take.
oh i see...well thanks bro i got it figured out now.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
IntegraTypeRS said:
+1.

Keep in mind that loweing the pixel size effects the picture quality

·
Registered
315 Posts
You can change the size (resolution) and quality.

Think about it logically, 256mb is like a mini hard drive. The better the quality or the larger the size the more space it will take up. If you have used all your pics then you have 0 of 256mb left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.