Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got an ls/vtec and getting reading to put some cams and cam gears in it. i'm getting skunk gears for the price and because i
like how they look. but i'm having a hard time choosing between
cams.

now i know the crower 63402 need new valve springs and
the skunks can go w/ stock. but money is no problem and
if i get skunks i'm gonna end up getting an ITR valvetrain anyway.

so just enlighting me w/ some knowledge.

· Registered
1,531 Posts
I would go with the Skunk 2 stage 2 cams with skunk 2 valve springs and retainers. A friend of mine tested these cams against Jun3's and they actually made more power then the Jun's. Hard to believe but it did. Skunk is producing some quality stuff now a days.

· Registered
118 Posts
i would go with the skunk 2 because i have a friend with them and he has an lsvtec with cams cam gears and intake manifold and it is all skunk 2 and he dynoed at 180 hp and 128 torque so i say go with the skunk 2 that is what i am going with.

· Registered
96 Posts
hey boys ive been reading that when some people put in new cams and they adjust timing by 2 degrees their idle is rattly and A/F gets messed up. Can this be fixed by ecu tuning or a vtec controler????

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
skunk is the shit

man i was just going threw my archive of import tuners and read the power pages on the skunk cams. i was impressed w/ the power they made. and since some of ya'll have first hand experience w/ the cams i'm definetely going skunk.

that should go nicely w/ the B16 LSD tranny i'll be getting in a month. :D

· Registered
76 Posts
You know what I think I think you should make it in to a all out drag car and get the vtec killers from TODA. no seriiously I think you dont have to get new retainers for the crowers but I am not completly sure. I would go with the Vtec killers

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
daily driver man

keep in mind this is my daily driver. thos Toda
cams are race application only. no thanks.

i'm going skunk on this one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.