Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can get a good set of cams, and valve springs for my DOHC ZC i see ppl with JG cams but i emailed them and they say they dont make cams for ZC's anything besides bullfrog or hks please , thanks

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
try giving crower a call.....i thik they are suppose to have some out soon

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
yeah...HKS makes em, but they cost an arm n a leg

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anything besides HKS or Bullfrog, (scroll up) like for instance does anyone know how i can get ahold of some JG cams? also any info on valvesprings?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Crower? Regrinds? You sure? I was pretty sure most of their shit was fresh-cut......

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
crower cams are NOT regrinds. as quoted from their website:

"These are premium Crower cores that exceed factory specs for hardness and compatibility, NOT REGRINDS . See below for dyno results. They run $650.43 for the pair. Custom, proprietary grinds also available."

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well that gets rid of the re grind issue.
I would suggest getting there valvetrain too
since your installing a cam you will also need
valve springs and retiainers. If you get pistons
and rods,cam gears and maybe valves I dont
see why you cant hit 9,000 rpm. Just my
.2 cents though, Blaze

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i think for 88 bucks a cam crower can regrind a cam for you.....but iwas almost sure that they are suppose to come out with actual dohc zc camshafts.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well my car got in a fight with a sand patch and a boulder last night so i dont know if ill complete the motor unless i can find another EF to drop it in

·
Registered
70 Posts
crxrocks said:
Crower does regrind cams. You have both for the DOHC done for $140 if you provide the core.
Chris
so.........you are only out 140 dollars and a few weeks of down time..............but then again you (BTWi am thinking on the fly here)should go ahead and rebuild the top end while you are there...so theres the added expense..........OIC now............

·
Registered
70 Posts
not necessarily, but for those who don't like to do shit more than once, it is a good idea.........just curious, since i haven't priced this out yet, how much is a set of valves, springs.........and would you necessarily need to build the bottom end, other than the feeling of being able to rev a little more freely getting you into trouble ?........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.