Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
you can get cams built to spec for turbocharged hondas, but if your goin to use a cam built for NA cars....its not a good idea, too much overlap and can cause you to lose a lotta power, but u can get cams for turbo cars and actually help you.
later
dan

·
Registered
254 Posts
well i dont really know much about the gsr, im a h22a guy, and i did some research for my car and found that crower made turbo cams for my car that made significant power, 17-23 hp i think...cant really remember, but check out some companies and get input, here are a few that you can check: crower, skunk2, crane, bullfrog....there are a few more, but cant remember all, out of all i checked out for my car crower was rated the best...but my application is diff from yours...so the best thing to do is to just check out a few companies and do a few posts to get some opinions.
peace
dan

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh one more thing, what can i do to prep my car for a turbo short of full internals? I.E. clutch, msd, etc...I was planning on going with a drag kit, but i guess it's gotten a lot of bad reviews, maybe a REV hard or FMAX. any info would be great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Stock gsr cams are the best for turbo I would not waste the money on aftermarket and I really wouldnt waste the money on Crower cams. They will wore then likely break in half on you and there goes all your hard earned cash. Stick with oem gsr cams trust me on this one

·
Registered
75 Posts
why is a Drag kit have bad review's? I just placed my on order...:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.