Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
hobie237 said:
that would suck...
word....and while it's cheaper than buying a camshaft, you run the risk of the ground camshaft snapping :eek of course you can always have the camshaft treated :nod

·
Registered
365 Posts
treated how? i don't know a lot about cams so sorry for the dumb question. i always thought/was told by friends that a larger cam shaft would give you better performance. Like how the 5.0 guys put larger ones in there to increase their idle... please explain! :ahh :ek

·
Registered
365 Posts
ooooooooooo00000000ooooooooo... ok, so that makes them stronger? like reforging it? sounds like a plan to me. Is that better than buying stage 3/turbo cams or just more cash friendly?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Grinding takes away from "beefyness." you're basically making a smaller, weaker camshaft. treating it can only harden a camshaft by so much. it's okay if you're changing the profiles slightly...but once you start grinding off too much, it gets pretty sketchy. plus longer durations need a fatter lobe, so there's a slight tradeoff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.