Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok simple question for you guys. I have a 99 Lude with all the basic bolt on, DC Sports header, test pipe, Apexi WS catback, AEM CAI, PSPEC short shifter, Stage 1 clutch, and 12lb lighten flywheel. I recently bought Skunk2 stage 1 cams, I also have AEM Cam gears too. Can I just throw those bad boys in there no prob is what I am basicly asking. I understand that it would be smart to get the car tunned to get the best results out of them. But just wanted to know can I put them in the car and drive without any probs. Please any insight on this matter would be aweseome thanks in advance.
Alex

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
ATISTANG said:
You can, but it would be a good idea to upgrade your vavle springs.
there is no need for vavle springs upgrade if its only stage 1 :rolleyes

but if you choose a more agressive set you will have to.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
ATISTANG said:
Don't roll your eyes at me mister :p
i was just going to tell him to stop rolling his eyes at other posters :lol

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
you can throw them in no problem man. no need to upgrade the valve train. youll be ok. :)
right? back on topic lol.

you can just slap em in there and be off with your bad ass cams. id RECCOMEND, that being the key word, a valve job and p&p for optimal results, but you dont have to do anything if you cont want to. theyre made to run on stock heads. anything higher then stage 1 is a different story though, and im sure anyone else will tell you the same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts