Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a list of parts that i need to rebuild my b18c1 from bottom to top as a street performer not a full out drag! id be more than greatfull! :byye

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
What do you want to do? Boost, N/A? It'll make a difference in what you buy.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Vague question, depends on whether you want to reuse most of your stuff or not.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
hobie237 said:
get a rebuild kit... jc whitney has them for about $400 and they include everything... gaskets, seals, valves, whatever...

you could probly save some money and just grind the valves... but for a good rebuild you gotta bore out the carbon deposits in the cylenders... which requires a mill....

carbon deposits in the cylinders??? WTF? It is impossible to have carbon built up on the cylinder walls.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
sorry for the drunken typing...

grind the head and around the combustion chamber to remove carbon deposits... the cylender walls are constantly scraped clean by the pistons... the cylenders do however, for a good rebuild, be bored, since they do not wear perfectly round... they should be bored to the right shape...

once again, sorry for my misinformation before.... :bh

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im keeping it N/A! with enough power to have fun myself.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Hondalos11 said:
im keeping it N/A! with enough power to have fun myself.
Well how much you want to spend? You can do many different things. Really depends on your budget. Do you want aftermarket rods, crank, pistons? Want to keep your stock components?

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
hobie237 said:
with na you should be able to stay with stock rods/pistons, but if its bored for more compression i would go aftermarket, as i would go aftermarket with turbo...

the stock rods are pretty good, but i would not trust them for turbo or high compression...
boring increases displacement. not compression.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Snoopy said:
boring increases displacement. not compression.

Larger bore will result in more air allowed into the cylinder which will increase compression as long as the piston. The only way compression would decrease is if the dish or dome is either larger (dish) or smaller (dome) than the stock piston.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts