Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i was wondering.. can a stock DC5 Integra-R or any Honda be tuned to a powerband near 500-600 hp without the use of FI mods, like the use of fuel system's and boring/stroking and valvetrain.. i realy need to know..
thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
:hug
if you spend a shitload of money on your motor you can allways have big hp gains but 500hp for any 1.8L-2.0L NA typeR (or not) motor is impossible unless our motor tecnology come to a point that you can rev a car motor up to 30k rpm and having 25-30:1 compression, then may be a 500hp yould be normal. :D

I sure now that gazele helicopters motor revs up to 25K but who can affort that? :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
i was reading a web page about a guy building a b18 type r engine he claimed to have 300 horsepower all motor......i never saw a dyno but i have seen 220 dynoed with room for improvement.

·
Registered
60 Posts
300 hp is very possible however the motor will not be a 1.8L anymore it will have to be stroked. The car most likely wouldn't be very streetable in NA form either, your talking some serious high compression..

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Building an all motor K series will yield you somewhere in the 280-300whp range..after that, if you hate FI like i do... then grow some balls and put the GAS on there..like i did..
Nitrous is not considered Forced induction, its basically just adding a bigger bang really into your cumbustion frame thats all...look into a 100 shot = Direct power adder, that means 100shot of nitrous = 100+whp..if tuned correct it can be even more. ;)

*To the noob who posted above me, he's building a DC5..K series..not a B series..he's a 2.0 and a 12.1-13.0 cr is perfectly streetable..and will great results on a beastly motorlike the k20..i might suggest goin k24a2 block with a k20a Head, and go from there..it will yield you better results.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Using a 2.4 with a 2.0 head huh.. that's nice :rolleyes like they say "There's no replacment for dissplacment", But that's pretty good getting 280-300 hp's for 2.0er, Comparing to other cars.. a 350"(5.7) chevy block will get an avrege of 320 hp's.. Honda Rulez!! i had an argue once with a guy that don't accept a comparsion in quality terms between a Ferrari and a Honda.. Check it out http://www.tremek.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7496&page=3 give me your opinions :D

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Bigger is not always better..tuning will play a major part in it, but it can get close to 400whp it wont be 500, i've never heard of a 500whp all motor k or b series..but i'm sure 300-400 is very possible with nitrous.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Burnin_ruberv8 said:
Comparing to other cars.. a 350"(5.7) chevy block will get an avrege of 320 hp's
Way to look retarded, noobie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mann... what do you got against noobs?? :confused I have always known Honda comunity to be good people start to act like one :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Burnin_ruberv8 said:
mann... what do you got against noobs?? :confused I have always known Honda comunity to be good people start to act like one :rolleyes
I have nothing against "noobs". I have a LOT against people who say stupid shit. You just so happen to be both of them.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
hey quit being a little bitch and reporting posts :td

·
Registered
43 Posts
9400rpms said:
Building an all motor K series will yield you somewhere in the 280-300whp range..after that, if you hate FI like i do... then grow some balls and put the GAS on there..like i did..
Nitrous is not considered Forced induction, its basically just adding a bigger bang really into your cumbustion frame thats all...look into a 100 shot = Direct power adder, that means 100shot of nitrous = 100+whp..if tuned correct it can be even more. ;)

*To the noob who posted above me, he's building a DC5..K series..not a B series..he's a 2.0 and a 12.1-13.0 cr is perfectly streetable..and will great results on a beastly motorlike the k20..i might suggest goin k24a2 block with a k20a Head, and go from there..it will yield you better results.
actually it says k series or any other honda engine

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
nitrous is forced induction...why? because you're forcing more oxygen molecules into the combustion chamber through chemical means instead of a mechanical means like a turbo or s/c. it's the same principle.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
nitrous is forced induction...why? because you're forcing more oxygen molecules into the combustion chamber through chemical means instead of a mechanical means like a turbo or s/c. it's the same principle.
Nitrous isn't forced induction..:)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts