Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
This isn't mine, I got this off another board

But now that the secret is out (check Off Topic Forum) here are the pics of the headlamps.

Specs:

JDM 1 One Piece Black Housing Headlamps
Projectors: 90mm Hella Bi-Xenon Projectors
Shield: Cut Tin Can from Wal-Mart and aluminum foil molded with JB Weld
Painted: Engine Emeral Flat Black to match Black Housing
Wiring: Custom made, heat shrinked wrapped, goldplated connectors, protective diodes, and relays.

Pictures:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

high beams:

Just a weird pic :laugh:

·
Registered
870 Posts
a Retro is doing something that is not ment to be done. So NO, you can't do one in a 4th gen unless you want to. In the world of Tuning anything can be do with some creativity and lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
those pixes look very nice...but that's a hell lot of $$$ and time...plus you should have a spare pair of headlight to...

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
i have only seen a couple done on 4th gens. looks ok. IMO the 5th gen headlights look better with retrofits because of the shape. heh.

·
Registered
671 Posts
manufactures already make projectors for the 4th gens so it would be easier just to pick one of those up then to retro fit.

·
Registered
870 Posts
rev 2 10k said:
manufactures already make projectors for the 4th gens so it would be easier just to pick one of those up then to retro fit.
Thats what i was thinking

·
Registered
35 Posts
rev 2 10k said:
Ive heard the projectors you can buy from shops are designed to be used with oem style bulbs and do not give the correct light cast or color and therefore would need to use HID projector lenses for them to work...

·
Registered
870 Posts
Preludeh22vtec said:
Ive heard the projectors you can buy from shops are designed to be used with oem style bulbs and do not give the correct light cast or color and therefore would need to use HID projector lenses for them to work...
Then buy the projectors pre-madeand then bu a Plug-N-Play HID kit.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
01preluder said:
Then buy the projectors pre-madeand then bu a Plug-N-Play HID kit.
can't. the projector headlights they sell are for halogen bulbs like prelhdeh22vtec was saying. i don't know of any manufacturer that makes their aftermarket headlights with Xenon projectors in them.

u could buy the cheap projectors headlights off ebay or something and then go buy the xenon projectors seperately, open up the headlights, take the halogen projectors out and mail them to me, and then put the xenon projectors in. but i wouldn't trust the quality of aftermarket headlights with xenon projectors.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
lumanogin said:
but i wouldn't trust the quality of aftermarket headlights with xenon projectors.
:nod
those aftermarket projector headlights are good for ~3 months...then it starts cracking, fogging...plus retrofit 1 pc JMD headlight is alot sexier...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats exactly how i'm thinking. no offense to anyone here who has the projector that you buy off ebay, but i think they look like shit compared to the jdm lights.

·
Registered
115 Posts
But seriously guys

I think the 4th gen black jdm hid kicks ass, so lets throw some together. we could sell them on ebay for $$$$$$$$$. I would buy them :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
i agree with the ebay projectors......i would never buy them thats why i have my black housings... :hug

by the way those pic's do look nice....wouldnt mind more if anyone have anymore....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts