Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I am having problems with my girls new 97 accord. the speedo is about 20 miles off reading. now I was searching the forums here and I have a question.
Can I take the gauge cover off, drive about 60MPH, and when it is reading about 40-45MPH can I just move it up with my hand to about 60? will it read accurately after that? I only ask because she can't judge speed too good and I don't have $200 to fix it.

Please just tell me if it will be accurate or not. thanks
matt

·
Registered
47 Posts
broncolover81 said:
hey guys, I am having problems with my girls new 97 accord. the speedo is about 20 miles off reading. now I was searching the forums here and I have a question.
Can I take the gauge cover off, drive about 60MPH, and when it is reading about 40-45MPH can I just move it up with my hand to about 60? will it read accurately after that? I only ask because she can't judge speed too good and I don't have $200 to fix it.

Please just tell me if it will be accurate or not. thanks
matt
not gonna work, after you let it go it's gonna go back to the actual speed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow, I sure wish that someone had just told me how easy it was to take the cluster and needles off. I took my 94 apart and looked to see where it was at, 6:00 position BTW, and then popped her needle off, put it at the 6:00 position and the put it up to rest on the little pin stopper. 30 minute job and it is sooo easy to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.