Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know much about CRX's at all, all I know is this guy wants to trade me chasis for chasis and the CRX is decently nice from what I've seen, I need to see more of it though I'm not even sure of the year and trim level, but what years and trim will I be able to fit my motor into? :eek:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
CGCivicSiT said:
I don't know much about CRX's at all, all I know is this guy wants to trade me chasis for chasis and the CRX is decently nice from what I've seen, I need to see more of it though I'm not even sure of the year and trim level, but what years and trim will I be able to fit my motor into? :eek:
wiring would be differently if you were putting into a dx, rather than an hf/si. a friend of mine made a harness for me and i think there are premade harnesses sold out there, you probably wouldn't have to worry about it much either way.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
CGCivicSiT said:
Yah, but will the motor clear the hood, and do I need different shift linkage etc etc?

the motor might rub on the hood depending on which mount kit you use, the shift linkage will have to be a custom integra unit or a hasport/place/HCP shift linkage, to solve the hood rubbing problem you can get an SiR front end or get an SiR style carbon fiber hood, the SiR hood has the hump rather then the dump

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
CGCivicSiT said:
Yah, but will the motor clear the hood, and do I need different shift linkage etc etc?
it depends on what mounts you use...or you can always get a jdm style hood that vents up instead of down. and for shiftlinkage, yes you can use a da integra shiftlinkage cut down to fit, or buy an adjustable one from hasport or somewhere.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How would my setup perform in a CRX you think, heres the setup, its really limited by Hondata set rev-limiter (7000rpm) and by the shitty LS transmission but I'm getting a tranny swap soon.

1990 Integra GS

ENGINE : LS/VTEC, ARP Head Studs, ARP Exhaust Studs, 2000 ITR Head, AEBS Type-R Intake Manifold, Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket, HP Racing 4-2-1 Stainless Header, Thermal Research & Development Exhaust, AEM SRI, Golden Eagle Trick LS/VTEC Conversion Piece, Trick power steering removal setup, Modine Aluminum Radiator, Mugen (knock off valve cover), NGK Plugs and Wires, NO A/C
TRANNY : B18A1 Tranny, ACT 6 Puck Clutch, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, ACT Streetlite 12.5lb Flywheel
SUSPENSION : Tokico Shocks, Progress Race Springs, Revo Camber Kit, Front Strut Tower Bar
BODY : 1998 Integra Metallic Black Paint, JDM 1 Piece Head Lights, JDM Side Markers, Retrofited 92 Bumpers, 15 Inch Enkei RS6 Wheels, P205/50/W15 Bridgestone Potenza S-03's
INTERIOR : Skunk 2 Short Shift Kit, 1992 Integra GS Front Graphite Black Seats, Everything Else is Gutted
TECHNOLOGY : Apex-i V-AFC, Autometer 5in Tachometer with Shift Light, Hondata S200

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
it depends on what mounts you use...or you can always get a jdm style hood that vents up instead of down. and for shiftlinkage, yes you can use a da integra shiftlinkage cut down to fit, or buy an adjustable one from hasport or somewhere.

actually the adjustable ones have gone the way of the dodo.....now they have ones that are prefabbed to fit perfectly

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
CGCivicSiT said:
How would my setup perform in a CRX you think, heres the setup, its really limited by Hondata set rev-limiter (7000rpm) and by the shitty LS transmission but I'm getting a tranny swap soon.

1990 Integra GS

ENGINE : LS/VTEC, ARP Head Studs, ARP Exhaust Studs, 2000 ITR Head, AEBS Type-R Intake Manifold, Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket, HP Racing 4-2-1 Stainless Header, Thermal Research & Development Exhaust, AEM SRI, Golden Eagle Trick LS/VTEC Conversion Piece, Trick power steering removal setup, Modine Aluminum Radiator, Mugen (knock off valve cover), NGK Plugs and Wires, NO A/C
TRANNY : B18A1 Tranny, ACT 6 Puck Clutch, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, ACT Streetlite 12.5lb Flywheel
SUSPENSION : Tokico Shocks, Progress Race Springs, Revo Camber Kit, Front Strut Tower Bar
BODY : 1998 Integra Metallic Black Paint, JDM 1 Piece Head Lights, JDM Side Markers, Retrofited 92 Bumpers, 15 Inch Enkei RS6 Wheels, P205/50/W15 Bridgestone Potenza S-03's
INTERIOR : Skunk 2 Short Shift Kit, 1992 Integra GS Front Graphite Black Seats, Everything Else is Gutted
TECHNOLOGY : Apex-i V-AFC, Autometer 5in Tachometer with Shift Light, Hondata S200

if you drive good you could get 12's or lower, no tach necessary :p

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
i'd pull your motor, sell your chassis, and buy a stock rolling chassis...sounds his crx is needs too much work. :lol2:

lol

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't really sell a rolling G2 chasis for very much even tho my car is pretty nice ;) and I need a CRX, his is already dropped, already has exhaust (which I'll really need with my motor) it just needs paint and the body kit needs to be put on properly. but your opinions have been taken :D but I'm gonna look at it and I'm gonna post pics for people to look at and take into account my motor in it and shit so i can make the best decision. Anyone have a rolling CRX chasis to sell to me for a good price and the car still in nice condition good body etc?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
CGCivicSiT said:
I can't really sell a rolling G2 chasis for very much even tho my car is pretty nice ;) and I need a CRX, his is already dropped, already has exhaust (which I'll really need with my motor) it just needs paint and the body kit needs to be put on properly. but your opinions have been taken :D but I'm gonna look at it and I'm gonna post pics for people to look at and take into account my motor in it and shit so i can make the best decision. Anyone have a rolling CRX chasis to sell to me for a good price and the car still in nice condition good body etc?

post pix of it asap

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
CGCivicSiT said:
Pics of my G2 Integra? Or Pics of the CRX? :confused:
t3h CRX.....and i am just making sure you know this is TEMP

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.