Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My car (accord 6th gen) is already in STS class, but it still has
stock suspension. I can't really afford good full coilover just yet.
But I just found a guy in classified that is selling:
Eibach Sport Line Springs
for my car for 75 bucks.
Do you think it would be a good idea to get these for the
Auto-X temproarily. And run with stock shocks?
I'm planning on buying good suspension in the summer,
but the Sacramento League season starts soon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
If you buy the springs, you'll need an alignment, and if you can't do the install yourself then that will cost money too. I say just keep saving and get what you want. Springs (esp. Sportlines... not incredibly sporty) with stock shocks won't get you a whole lot farther than stock.

Reactions: DriftKingBP

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yeah you are not going to find any improvement with lowering springs on stock shocks. It would be a waste of time and money.

You can get Koni Yellows, Ground Control coilovers for almost $1000.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CivicSiRacer said:
You can get Koni Yellows, Ground Control coilovers for almost $1000.
Yeah I know. But I kind of want full coilovers (although that's not 100%)
and I heard bad things about Ground Control from people autocrossing
Accords.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
ib042129 said:
Accords.
Really?! There are tons of people (with Accords) auto-xing with GCs who love it. Hrm.

You do realize that Konis + GCs = basically the same thing as full coilovers, right? A "full coilover" is simply a shock and spring with an adjustable spring perch. You're getting the same functionality with GC/Konis, and they'll be easier to service and customize.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
White98LS said:
Really?! There are tons of people (with Accords) auto-xing with GCs who love it. Hrm.

You do realize that Konis + GCs = basically the same thing as full coilovers, right? A "full coilover" is simply a shock and spring with an adjustable spring perch. You're getting the same functionality with GC/Konis, and they'll be easier to service and customize.
Well what I heard is that GC seems to be more concerned now with selling
than with performance.

But the reason I don't really want coil over sleeves, is because people
tell me that they make noise (rattle?).

I am leaning more and more towards Koni Yellows + some kind of spring setup tho.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
ib042129 said:
Accords.
who exactly are you hearing this info from?

<---when switched over to gc + koni yellow after 2 other popular setups, started getting first place finishes in sts.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
azian21485 said:
when switched over to gc + koni yellow after 2 other popular setups, started getting first place finishes in sts.
That's good to know.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
ib042129 said:
Well what I heard is that GC seems to be more concerned now with selling
than with performance.

But the reason I don't really want coil over sleeves, is because people
tell me that they make noise (rattle?).

I am leaning more and more towards Koni Yellows + some kind of spring setup tho.
Maybe because GC's product is established and works. They're selling the same product now that they always have, so why should their concern over sales be a factor?

Mine don't rattle or make any noises. But they do kick ass, and I'm getting 1st place finishes in Street Mod level local classes (almost anything is allowed).

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I guess that setup would be fine. But regardless, I will have to wait untill Summer before I have the money.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
As the other have said, you might as well do it right the first time - no point in spending the money and effort on something that isn't really going to help and will end up being replaced anyway.

Ground Control coilovers with custom spring rates and Koni 8041 dampers are the hot setup for most Honda autocrossers.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
There are thousands of people running Ground Controls and Konis who are winning at Nationals. Whomever you are hearing this from is just not well informed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.