Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Yes you sure can. If you can find a Civic for like 2 grand, and you figure that the swap will cost about 3 grand, you'll have yourself a $5000 Civic. Maybe you can find just a shell or a shitter or something. High mileage ones are the ones you want to look for. That way they figure the motors going to shit, sell it for cheap, and you buy it and swap it. There you go. Easy fix.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
you might be able to. If you find a 5th gen for $2500 which will be HARD and will probably be a '92 then you can get the B16 which typically goes for $2200 to $2500 and install it yourself then yeah you can build it for $5000

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
j619pinoy said:
:confused: what about it? A 5th gen Civic is '92-'95...I'm so :confused: by this post

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
probinu said:
you might be able to. If you find a 5th gen for $2500 which will be HARD and will probably be a '92 then you can get the B16 which typically goes for $2200 to $2500 and install it yourself then yeah you can build it for $5000
that motor is only $900 + shipping.

·
Registered
387 Posts
For the 92-95 civic you should get the 1st gen B16 engine with the cable tranny which is about $900.00-$1,200.00. Also you would need new mounts including a rear mount From Hasport.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
remues said:
that motor is only $900 + shipping.
I'm talking about the B16A grasshopper....my mistake for not clarifying ;) :)

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Jinu210 said:
For the 92-95 civic you should get the 1st gen B16 engine with the cable tranny which is about $900.00-$1,200.00. Also you would need new mounts including a rear mount From Hasport.
:confused: And why should he want one with a cable tranny?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I thought it would be cheaper for him. But if he wanted to he can get a hydro tranny conversion.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Or just spend the extra $1,000 for the 2nd gen B16 with the hydro tranny.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
it wouldn't be a conversion. It's not all about the price either...it's about the age and durability of the parts he is purchasing

·
Registered
566 Posts
couldn't you buy the long block for 900, and just buy the other stuff(shift linkage, mounts, ecu, etc.)? Or would all of this be over the price difference which is $1500? Just seems to be too much of a difference to me...

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
By the time he got all that stuff separately he'd have paid at LEAST as much as the swap kit. Just like buying burger,fries, & coke ala carte is more expensive than the meal deal. :) Longblock= $900; Hydro B-series trans= $600+; axles= $250; ECU= $150; mounts= $200?; linkage= $100+; harness= $100+. Getting the idea? Just get a complete low mileage 2-3 year old B16A from an Si for like $2500.

And don't be telling him to get a cable tranny version, he needs a hydraulic. The simple fact he isn't aware of the cost/parts involved should tell you he probably won't be able to do a hydro-to-cable conversion and why would he want to anyways? 5g Civics are hydro, just leave it that way.

·
Registered
387 Posts
And don't be telling him to get a cable tranny version, he needs a hydraulic. The simple fact he isn't aware of the cost/parts involved should tell you he probably won't be able to do a hydro-to-cable conversion and why would he want to anyways? 5g Civics are hydro, just leave it that way.
Well sorry chief i'll just leave all the question answering to u next time:cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.