Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 89 CRX Si witha engine swap to a B16A. OF couse my *****h won't work with the stock CRX ecu and I didn't want to buy a wiring harness. i was told that i could just get a A'PEXI VAFCII to control and i would be ok. But now it won't work and A'pexi says i woud need the pin out for my ecu. If anyone knows where I can find those codes PLEASE let me know I don't want to wait for a hraness to make my ***** work. Also my b16 is a JDM engine so if i do get a harness, what engine do i get it for?(del-sol 94-97 right?)

· Registered
7,597 Posts
CRXjunkie0014 said:
I have a 89 CRX Si witha engine swap to a B16A. OF couse my *****h won't work with the stock CRX ecu and I didn't want to buy a wiring harness. i was told that i could just get a A'PEXI VAFCII to control and i would be ok. But now it won't work and A'pexi says i woud need the pin out for my ecu. If anyone knows where I can find those codes PLEASE let me know I don't want to wait for a hraness to make my ***** work. Also my b16 is a JDM engine so if i do get a harness, what engine do i get it for?(del-sol 94-97 right?)

Ok first of all, why are trying to use the stock PM6 ECU on a B16? You should be using the ECU designated for that motor, not the chassis. Second, if you do a search, you can find the pinouts for OBD-0 and OBD-1 ECUs on here. And yes, you CAN make the VAFC ll work w your ECU - hooked it up to mine this last weekend.

· Registered
7,597 Posts
njn63 said:
i'm so confused by this post i don't even know anymore.

Do you have an obd-0 or obd-1 ecu?
he thinks he needs a pinout for his ECU but he doesnt. He is trying to do what I did in the beginning of my swap which is keep it OBD-0 (or Pre OBD)

this is not something that is recommended nor willl it run right. He has a PM6 CRX Si ECU (OBD-0) He can do it, but it wont be running right. He needs the conversion harness from www.JKOBD.com or www.Rywire.com OBD-1 ECU and the distributor and he should be good to go.

· Registered
707 Posts
CRXjunkie0014 said:
Does OBD-1 and ODB-0 have the same pin out? and can i get a wiring harness adapter to make the right ecu work(which i have sitting in my garage)
He said he has the right ecu sitting in his garage. He has a b16 which (mostlikely) means that he can stay obd0 and it will run right with the correct ecu. He needs to tell us what ecu is sitting in his garage so we can tell him if its an obd0 or obd1. If its obd0 he can plug it in to the stock harness, wire up vtec and go.

You have the d15b vtec which was not pre OBD. While you still dont need to convert from obd0 to obd1 for the car to run correctly, it is an option and can potentially run better if you plan on doing mods and would like more tuneability.

· Registered
7,597 Posts
SuperSleeper said:
He said he has the right ecu sitting in his garage. He has a b16 which (mostlikely) means that he can stay obd0 and it will run right with the correct ecu. He needs to tell us what ecu is sitting in his garage so we can tell him if its an obd0 or obd1. If its obd0 he can plug it in to the stock harness, wire up vtec and go.

You have the d15b vtec which was not pre OBD. While you still dont need to convert from obd0 to obd1 for the car to run correctly, it is an option and can potentially run better if you plan on doing mods and would like more tuneability.
well, I wouldnt have VTEC either because I RAN IT OBD-0 and it sucked. I used my stock PM6 ECU fuel maps were fucked up so I decided to do it RIGHT and go OBD-1 Now I have VTEC and pulling hard. this guy needs to do teh same and bite the bullet

· Registered
707 Posts
1. You dont have a b16 smart guy, your comparing apples and oranges.
2. Have you heard of an SiR? Its a CRX that came stock with a B16. If you get the SiR computer it will run right and VTEC will work the way it should.
3. Im not telling him to use the stock PM6. Im asking him what ecu he has sitting in his garage. If its the one that came with the motor chances are its the OBD0 SiR computer that will work like it should. There is no biting the bullet, just do it the way it was made to work, which would be the RIGHT way. Theres no reason to convert to OBD1 if he has the OBD0 computer!

And by the way, I have the d15b vtec and it runs perfect in OBD0 with an SiR computer. I have VTEC and it "pulls hard". I didnt have to go and spend $500 on OBD1 crap when its perfectly ok to run the OBD0.

· Registered
7,597 Posts
SuperSleeper said:
1. You dont have a b16 smart guy, your comparing apples and oranges.
2. Have you heard of an SiR? Its a CRX that came stock with a B16. If you get the SiR computer it will run right and VTEC will work the way it should.
3. Im not telling him to use the stock PM6. Im asking him what ecu he has sitting in his garage. If its the one that came with the motor chances are its the OBD0 SiR computer that will work like it should. There is no biting the bullet, just do it the way it was made to work, which would be the RIGHT way. Theres no reason to convert to OBD1 if he has the OBD0 computer!

And by the way, I have the d15b vtec and it runs perfect in OBD0 with an SiR computer. I have VTEC and it "pulls hard". I didnt have to go and spend $500 on OBD1 crap when its perfectly ok to run the OBD0.
alright smart guy, but he said he had the STOCK CRX ECU.....meaning PM6

· Registered
707 Posts
DeathIsCertain said:
alright smart guy, but he said he had the STOCK CRX ECU.....meaning PM6
He said the PM6 is in the car and it runs like crap and doesnt have vtec. Read a little further and the "right ecu" is sitting in his garage. I want to know what ecu is sitting in his garage! How difficult is this, really? :bh :bh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.