Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
To elaborate on the above replies... you can't.

What a lot of people do to make up for the lack of vtec in their DOHC ZCs is put aftermarket cams in them. After that, you won't need vtec.

I wouldn't worry about not having VTEC. The ZC is a powerful little point-sixer. Aftermarket cam, maybe an NA build or turbo and you won't even miss it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
<<Removed previous message here>>

Edit: Holy damn I misread that. I thought you said someone told you that you can get a turbo manifold for it. Who said you couldn't get one? As far as I know any D series turbo manifold will work as a mere bolt-on. In fact, all D series intake and exhaust manifolds are interchangeable, and with that said, most throttle bodies from D or B series motors are interchangeable as well.

A DOHC ZC is more or less a D16A1, and aftermarket support for that is plentiful. Don't let the availability of the ZC motor fool you. It can scoot with the best of them with a proper build.

For a reference, my friends near stock ZC with matching tranny does 130 in third gear with RPMs to spare. And I can vouch for that. :eek

·
Registered
518 Posts
my friend has that engine and hes happy with it, he used to have a sohc vtec and he went to that and he likes it way more. they say those have 135-145 hp stock so after you do some work you will probly caught up with the gs-r

1 - 7 of 7 Posts