Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wzup guys,new to the site. I have a 91'si and have a h23 a1 going in it real soon, just wanting to know has anybody done this type of swap yet and if so could you gave me a holla are a web site I could check out about doing this. My problem right now is finding motor mounts.I check hasport performance they had nothing for this type of swap.So any help would be great.Thanx,nice site. :D

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
trust me no replacement for displacement - do the H series swap into your REX dont listen to anyone else. My frined did an H23/H22 hybrid into his Sol and it screamed. O and go to Place Racing they have some mounts for it if not then contact www.speed-garage.com they should be able to help you out

·
Registered
1 Posts
my friend has done this swap it took a lot of time money and work. the best way to go is the jdm h22a most power. my buddy has this setup. it hands down kicks ass. im not sure what mounts he used. but he did have to bang the firewall back and shave the front off, then weld it back on. he had that part done professionally, then threw on a body kit. if you need more info, hit me up. at [email protected]. i'll get with him and find out everything i can.
late.

·
Registered
321 Posts
yes i agree the h22/h23 combo would kick ass, but me personally, i would sell the h22 and buy an ITR change over. that would be just as killer, but like what Death said, no replacement for displacement. Or you can go K20, now that's would be outta control.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RacerZero said:
yes i agree the h22/h23 combo would kick ass, but me personally, i would sell the h22 and buy an ITR change over. that would be just as killer, but like what Death said, no replacement for displacement. Or you can go K20, now that's would be outta control.
Yeah k20 was a thought but for the price I paid for the h23 I'm going to take the extra money into to fully building it from the bottom up,shit I only paid $500.00 for the motor with nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
and that's still the factory motor it came with. I think any h series rex can be made into a reliable street car. it's all a matter of money and brains

·
Registered
707 Posts
I dont doubt it couldnt be reliable but I dont think its reasonable. Theres so many other ways to make speed then to drop the biggest powerplant that will fit into the car. It just doesnt fit right and I think the b-series is a much better way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts