985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what should i upgrade, im looking at about a 700 doller budget

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Techna said:
what should i upgrade, im looking at about a 700 doller budget
get a fuel pressure regulator and a 255 lph fuel pump. Then when you decide to run nitrous just turn up your fuel pressure a good 15-20psi. Just make sure you deliver more fuel when you squeeze.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
You should upgrade fuel and air lines(intake), not to mention having a header and exhaust will help with the flow out. Not to mention colder plugs and better wires, along witha clutch as stated before if it doesnt grab now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
All you need is kit and new plugs

I have a 94dx with 165,000 miles and a Zex 55 shot installed on my stock intake. All you need is one heat range colder plugs. I painted my zex box black and covered all ss lines with black wire loom, you cannot see the nitrous kit at all. Less than $350. I wouldnt waste my money on any other mods(intake, header, exhaust) for a dx engine. Satisfied me power wise untill I saved enough money for swap. Looking for a good deal on a USDM b18c now.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Your car can safely handle N20 just go crazy with it. When you start using it I would suggest that you use only 92 octance gas. Dont go any higher than a 50 shot with your car stock. The only things else you would need to get to run Nitrous without probs are a fuel pressure regulator so you can adjust the fuel psi. Get some n20 and fuel gauges and a bottle heater. If you hear any detonation at all let off the throttle and check your spark plugs. After every few runs check your spark plugs and make sure they are fine. If you do this youll enjoy years of happy nitrous use.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any good sites with prices for N20 and parts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Techna said:
Hey all,

Lets start off with the specs of my car

94 Civic DX D15B7

59,000 Miles

All Highway Driven, Compression is Perfect

Can my car handle N2O, also how much and what brand is best

zex,nos,NX

All ifo is greatly apreciated

DC

Team Techna
the brand is on preference....but for simpler setups go with zex and run a 55-65 jet. are you from that team techna? that famous show crew from cali i saw in the magazines?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Honda530 said:
Your car can safely handle N20 just go crazy with it. When you start using it I would suggest that you use only 92 octance gas. Dont go any higher than a 50 shot with your car stock. The only things else you would need to get to run Nitrous without probs are a fuel pressure regulator so you can adjust the fuel psi. Get some n20 and fuel gauges and a bottle heater. If you hear any detonation at all let off the throttle and check your spark plugs. After every few runs check your spark plugs and make sure they are fine. If you do this youll enjoy years of happy nitrous use.

whats detonation SOUND like? i know to check the plugs but what does detonation sound like? ok thanks

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
make sure your ignition system is working properly, wires, plugs, cap, rotor. stock system is fine for a 50/55 shot. stock fuel pump is fine for a 50/55 shot also but i'd get a FPR. make sure your fuel system is working 100% as well.

intake/header/exhaust will yield more power but isn't needed to use N2O unless it's really, really restrictive. the D15 stuff isn't the best but will do for now.

to be safe you can retard the ignition timing 1 or 2 degrees as to avoid detonation.

just check everything and get a dry kit that's in proper working order, the ZEX kit is good for the $$ and it's simple install. installed correctly with a FPR and a bit of retard you should be fine. always feel free to check the plugs often for cylinder condtions/detonation.

later

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.