Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm completely new to nitrous so i have a few questions..can someone explain wat purging does and is it necesary? is purging when u see that big cloud of smoke or watever come out of one of the hoses? (like the skyline in the new superstreet)....secondly wat does a fogger system do? i've heard of this once in a while and wondering wat it is...thanx

·
Registered
38 Posts
Purging is when a secondary solenoid (valve) clears the old nitrous out of your system. You should do it before you spray to get fresh stuff in the lines, and after to relieve pressure on the N20 solenoid (saves the rubber diaphrams inside). The purge is released out of a line wherever you choose to put it.

A fogger kit is one that sprays the nitrous and/or fuel into the intake tract. Fogger kits are either dry or wet.

Go read the sticky, hope it helped

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jake Blair said:
Purging is when a secondary solenoid (valve) clears the old nitrous out of your system. You should do it before you spray to get fresh stuff in the lines, and after to relieve pressure on the N20 solenoid (saves the rubber diaphrams inside). The purge is released out of a line wherever you choose to put it.

A fogger kit is one that sprays the nitrous and/or fuel into the intake tract. Fogger kits are either dry or wet.

Go read the sticky, hope it helped
ok thanx for ur help...i'm assuming the fogger kits can go into an intercooler too rite?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts