Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly what is AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)? I assume is is basically a text based "paging"/message delivery service, or is it like a chat program? Overall, is it any good?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
it's a program where you chat one on one with someone through an instant message window. it's one of the most popular... u never tried it?

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, never tried it! I don't know much about these new fandangled thingies. I might give it a go. It is free, right?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
well when ur taking to someone, u can warn them if they piss u off or something. the higher the warning percentage, the less messages they can send in a certain amount of time.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
in the message window of that person, there should be a button witha symbol of a lightning bolt, and under it it says "warn", just press that and there ya go. u can only wanr so much though, and u can also warn anonymously.

·
Registered
422 Posts
nah, ive been at 100% numerous times...and you cant get on sometimes because it said you exceeding your rate limit, and takes about a day or half a day until u can get back on.

you can warn up to 35%, but thats only if you and the other person exchanged alot of im's.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
once you warn them to 35% you log off with the screen still open... log back on and warn them for another 35% and so on :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts