Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's up, i was just wondering... i have the APEXi N1 catback exhaust, and when i first installed it, it was pretty loud. but now (after a month or so), it seems to have gotten more quiet than when i first installed it. is this normal? or am i just getting used to the sound? i'll check under the car later to make sure that all the bolts are tight. but just wondering if this was normal to you guys? i know it's supposed to one of the "loud" exhausts out there. thanks!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I installed my N1 catback yesterday and after I was done it seems kinda quiet to me. I too thought it was supposed to be one of the louder exhausts on the market, but my HKS hiper is louder then that. I think though it might be becaust I have a exhaust leek somewhere where I didn't securly fasten the bolts. So double check that, if it still seems quite then I don't know what to say. Perhaps give it a couple days. It most likely is an exhaust leek though. I'm almost 100% positive that is what's wrong with mine. I'll keep you posted because I'm going to get under if again today and see.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
blacksi00 said:
what's up, i was just wondering... i have the APEXi N1 catback exhaust, and when i first installed it, it was pretty loud. but now (after a month or so), it seems to have gotten more quiet than when i first installed it. is this normal? or am i just getting used to the sound? i'll check under the car later to make sure that all the bolts are tight. but just wondering if this was normal to you guys? i know it's supposed to one of the "loud" exhausts out there. thanks!
maybe you just got used to the noise......so you think it's quieter.

·
Registered
306 Posts
usually it goes the other way around. when u first get the exhaust it seems quiet then as it breaks in it gets a little louder. you are probably just getting used to it. its like everything else. when i had subs i thought they were loud but after a while i wanted something more. also you get a chick. shes the hottest best girl then you get used to her and get someone better

·
Registered
485 Posts
if u have an exhaust leak you should be able to hear it when u are outside of the car... turn on the car and listen around the header/cat for a whistling type noise... if u dont hear anything more than likely there is no leak

·
Registered
96 Posts
your not hearing things...the exhaust somehow just gets quieter over time...I've had mine for 3 years and its a lot quieter now then it was when I first installed it. Might be carbon buildup that makes it quieter....but since the glass pack in the muffler gets worn out over time...you'll backfire a lot more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.