Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
624 Posts
hay112 said:
I want to get a dvd burner but if it can't burn ps2 games i don't think i want it. Someone told me you can do it, but you need a boot disk. Does anybody know if you can?
I'm pretty sure you would need to buy a mod chip, a plug mod, or any other form of device that allows your Playstation2 to read DVD-Rs (and CD-Rs for that matter.) To this date, I don't believe there's a mod available that doesn't require taking your PS2 apart, and soldering wires into the mainboard. If you don't feel like doing something like this, then you won't be able to play backup discs.

· Registered
268 Posts
supapoopa said:
WHAT A MINITE!!!! SINCE when have they been able to crack the PS2 system to read burned CD's?!?!?

I don't think anyone has yet. :confused:

The PS1's can be chipped to read burned games... PS2... I don't think so.:rolleyes:
they've had mod chips for the ps2 for months..where you been?

· Registered
112 Posts
you've been able to copy ps2 games since it came out. If u have one of the 1st ps2's all u need is a gameshark to act as the boot disk and thats it. Works for me and i have about 50 burned ps2 games:D but i still buy all the good ones...

· Registered
268 Posts
SpoolinWRX said:
you've been able to copy ps2 games since it came out. If u have one of the 1st ps2's all u need is a gameshark to act as the boot disk and thats it. Works for me and i have about 50 burned ps2 games:D but i still buy all the good ones...
i wasn't aware of that...dude..explain everything you need...i've got the first shipment ps2..with the oldest cd drivers..so i'm guessing i've got the same ps2 you've got

· Registered
1,351 Posts
SpoolinWRX said:
this website has everything u need to know, its how i learned it all.
http://cdrom-guide.com/
just scroll down and click on Video Game Backup - PS2.
Read the sticky "Welcome to the PS2 Forum" and there's a FAQ in there that tells u everything step by step.
i love you man...YOU ARE MY FAVORITE FUKN PERSON IN THIS WORLD!!! Damn i've had a 1st gen PS2 and gameshark all this time and I had no clue!!! Now I need to find someone with a DVD Burner:D

· Registered
1,351 Posts
probably if u bought urs the 1st month it came out. I burned the game, Booted it like they told me too and it didnt work. Can u please tell me how u do it SpoolinWRX. If it helps I have a Hp 4x4x24x and the program i use is HP CDWriter Plus...i really want to do this!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.