Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
22,822 Posts
theres no fast auto del sols out here in new mexico so ill be the first lol.
until you throw a gear through the tranny housing.

· Registered
22,822 Posts
wait what? lol u just totaly blew my mind lol u think i might blow a gear or 2 out if i go with where im thinking?

· Registered
49,788 Posts
wait what? lol u just totaly blew my mind lol u think i might blow a gear or 2 out if i go with where im thinking?
that made me feel like i was on an acid trip lol

honestly, auto trannys in hondas are huge pieces of shit, you dont want to do it, trust us

· Registered
22,822 Posts
that made me feel like i was on an acid trip lol

honestly, auto trannys in hondas are huge pieces of shit, you dont want to do it, trust us
my point, Ive had one take a crap. without power adders.

· Registered
2,148 Posts
i would lose the autotragic and get a stick auto's are more complex, less reliable, besides do you really want your car telling you when it wants to shift?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
?!?1

Trying to make an auto honda fast... and a SOHC none the less. Sounds like you have a daily honda, saw fast and the furious, and decided "HOLY SHIT, I GOT A RACECAR!"
:giggle

first off theres really no difference between single and dual cam in my eyes. so can you show me the difference? cuz ive seen a single cam push the same #'s as a dual cam.

2nd. u make it seem like im the only one who uses a honda for a daily driver so that in it self is just a stupid comment.

so is there any intelegent comments you would liek to make?

· Registered
2,231 Posts
first off theres really no difference between single and dual cam in my eyes. so can you show me the difference? cuz ive seen a single cam push the same #'s as a dual cam.

2nd. u make it seem like im the only one who uses a honda for a daily driver so that in it self is just a stupid comment.

so is there any intelegent comments you would liek to make?
First off, the difference is torque, tunability, reliability, and have you ever compared stock sohc rods vs stock dohc rods?

2nd. I have a sohc auto honda for a daily. and thats what it is, a daily, not a race car.

3. I have been there, done that with alot of different setups. I have built several SOHC turbo setups. I know what im doing when it comes to adding HP to a sohc motor, particularly a d16z6. I have done the trials and made the errors. Just take my word for it that SOHC takes more money to get as fast as a DOHC typically would.

And since you missed out. Check out my video of my SOHC turbo setup at the track on drag radials. I built my own turbo setup, did my own welding, chipped, and tunned my own ecu.
[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=22346427[/ame]

^And that video is probably never going to play, so just click the window's title.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.