Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
all right cool i am new to honda stuff so i am just goin buy what i have herd and been told and here in australia not many poeple go hard on hondas its all skylines and silvias and holdens so yeah

·
Registered
3 Posts
D16Y4 is an Australia Build.

Yes I do have that engine, again I am from Australia, and I have got my parts of the list already except a few stuff but later will get to it.

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts
Hello, I'm new as well..I have a d16y7 4 door LX. I just wanted to turbo it at first just to get familiar with the parts and how it works. Then once i run it long enough and learn a lot more i would start working on making it even better. 150hp is plenty for right now. So what i have read is it would be fine to run a t3/t4 on stock internals. Which is what i am thinking about doing. Although my engine has 125,000 miles on it so i might just want to rebuild and reseal the engine anyways just for longevity purposes:p.
don't thread jack, its not nice :ninja

·
Registered
2 Posts
D16Y4 Turbo

Now I've seen D16Y4 with Turbo done up to 358.9 HP believe that? A lots of modification though. But if you are running stock? Like ME!?! You can here's the list:

D16 Manifold with hole for Wastegate
T3/T4 Turbo
T3/T4 Downpipe
.38 Tial External Wastegate (Keep your engine safe)
Blow of Valves (Keep your Engine safe)
OIL Feed + Return
PIGGYBACK ECU (such as APEXI ASFC) you won't need a new ECU.
Intercooler and Pipes

Those are the main point to get your Turbo running safe with External Wastegate you will run stock 6 to 7 PSI. But if you are going to boost, I suggest you de-compression your engine (meaning upgrading your Internal engine) which means more cash out from your pocket!

I just installed mine in with AC/Compressor still attached :clappy I fired up a few times already its good safe, but when you do it yourself make sure you do it PROPERLY!

·
Boost Junkie
6,249 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
D16Y4 Turbo

Now I've seen D16Y4 with Turbo done up to 358.9 HP believe that? A lots of modification though. But if you are running stock? Like ME!?! You can here's the list:

D16 Manifold with hole for Wastegate
T3/T4 Turbo
T3/T4 Downpipe
.38 Tial External Wastegate (Keep your engine safe)
Blow of Valves (Keep your Engine safe)
OIL Feed + Return
PIGGYBACK ECU (such as APEXI ASFC) you won't need a new ECU.
Intercooler and Pipes

Those are the main point to get your Turbo running safe with External Wastegate you will run stock 6 to 7 PSI. But if you are going to boost, I suggest you de-compression your engine (meaning upgrading your Internal engine) which means more cash out from your pocket!

I just installed mine in with AC/Compressor still attached :clappy I fired up a few times already its good safe, but when you do it yourself make sure you do it PROPERLY!
Can you make me a list of what i need to make my d16 turbo i want around 400 hp

21 - 30 of 30 Posts