Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,208 Posts
I also remember reading that there's something about the location of the oil gallies that makes adding a VTEC head with the head gasket a lot of work...that means a lot more money.

· Registered
275 Posts
everyone says no but ive seen 2 95 millimeter stroker kits and they are still running strong so i would say go for it. add a deck plate and long rods and sleves bored out to 86 millimeters and you should be there with prelude displacement. killer na or turbo motor and the sideloading could be overcome with less rpm and boost.

· Registered
381 Posts
yeah but why get an old b20a/b21a when u can get a nice new
b20b/z and still have 2.0l of displacement but with a
"less worse" R/S ratio for VTEC/high rpm.
what for the 100 extra cc's?? Then bore out the b20b/z and re-sleeve it with some high quality sleeves.

I'd say get a the newer b20 and save yourself some nightmares

· Registered
399 Posts
the old b20a and b21a blocks are different than any other b-series motor. I had a b20a head that I was going to put on my b18a block, but the b20a head was totally different than the b18 head gasket. so if the b20a head didn't line up with the b18, I don't think taht the b16 or b18c heads are going to fit. you better use the b20b/z

can anyone back me up?

· Registered
4,112 Posts
swedishfa said:
the old b20a and b21a blocks are different than any other b-series motor. I had a b20a head that I was going to put on my b18a block, but the b20a head was totally different than the b18 head gasket. so if the b20a head didn't line up with the b18, I don't think taht the b16 or b18c heads are going to fit. you better use the b20b/z

can anyone back me up?
This man speaketh truth!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.