Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pricing out a turbo, exhaust, blah, blah, blah and was looking at a couple places and in toronto and alberta when I saw a couple posts about some prices in cali and other states. I priced it out and on a $2000US order it was about $600US cheaper than equivalent CAN$ prices.
I was wondering is about Canucks have ordered parts from the states and still had it work out cheaper after duties and shipping?

· Registered
484 Posts
neophyte said:
I was pricing out a turbo, exhaust, blah, blah, blah and was looking at a couple places and in toronto and alberta when I saw a couple posts about some prices in cali and other states. I priced it out and on a $2000US order it was about $600US cheaper than equivalent CAN$ prices.
I was wondering is about Canucks have ordered parts from the states and still had it work out cheaper after duties and shipping?
Have them ship it as sample or gift, no tax. I got a kit for about $3300 us, if I was to buy an equivalent kit(because I can't buy the one I ordered in CAN), it would cost me $7000. Thats $1500cad more. Less competition here, so price is WAY higher.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at Greddy or F-max turbo kit, Greddy Evo exhaust, random tech cat, skunk2 short shift, and h&r coilovers. I'm still in the budgeting phase though. I would like to get the f-max kit more but after conversion, taxes, shipping I'm looking at about $7000CAN and if there are duties then I definatly can't afford it.
Cheapest I found the greddy kit (basic, no intercooler, etc) was about $3400CAN, and the intercooler was about $1400CAN (small one). I believe MatT3T4 said it sells for about $1500US for the kit and $600US for the intercooler. So basically after conversion $US->$CAN I could get the kit and the intercooler for less than the price of just the kit here.

· Registered
484 Posts
BOth of these two kits (REvHard and FMAx) cannot actually be purchased in Canada. YOu'd have to ship it over from the states. Shipping is around 75 dollars US via UPS, and duty? Well, you have to be creative when it comes to that.

If the retailer is willing, they can ship it as a promotional item or something like that. Most retailers have no problem doing that. I prefer the FMax kit, but some prefer the RevHard kit.

Both are really good kits and gives you GOOD BOOST.

F-MAX can be bought below with a decent price:
Mantaray Motorsport Racing
145 Vallecito De Oro
Suite A
San Marcos, CA 92069
888-542-3626 (toll free)
[email protected]

RevHard? I think MatT3T4 has good deals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.